Author Topic: I Love the Smell of Corp Por in the Morning...  (Read 2490 times)

Offline WardogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wardog has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I Love the Smell of Corp Por in the Morning...
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:29:29 PM »
Greetings, Wardog here, one of my many nicknames.  I first started playing UO just after Trammel opened, then quit somewhere around 2002/2003.  Last June I came back and am loving it so far.  Many of my old frustrations have been fixed, and the whole game feels richer, more involved.  I love the new client too, though it seems a statement like that could get me shot in many places... :-\

I play or have played on Lake Superior, Sonoma and Great Lakes.  Some of my characters are Lawrence, Warden, Xeila, Zyn.  For a long time my favorite template was a mage/tamer, and I still enjoy that, but have been spending the most time recently on my new mystic/mage/spellweaver gargoyle.  I have maxed out most crafting skills at this point too, but I quickly grow tired of clicking on little boxes over and over, and I have to go kill something.  I dabble in PvP but usually enjoy PvM more, particularly if I have a good group of friends to go with.

Why am I at a UO scripting site?  I actually like being present at my character and am not really looking for scripts that will automate the whole game for me.  But I get sick of many of the repetitive actions that seem to ever be a part of regular gameplay.  Along those lines, I hope to set some things up to assist with looting, moving purchased items into sub-packs, and cut back on the amount of inane clicking required to gather resources.  I have also been an amateur programmer from way back in my teen years and really enjoy writing code, so this seems like a good match. ;D

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: I Love the Smell of Corp Por in the Morning...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
Welcome to the site.  Most of us really are scripting for the same reason - just to make the repetitive nature of the game a little easier to manage.  There's lots to see here that will take the monotony away just a little bit.

Access granted so enjoy!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »
WELCOME

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
Your thread title made me smile.  Well done and Welcome.

Offline WardogTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Wardog has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
Wow, that was fast.  Thanks for the welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
Wow, that was fast.  Thanks for the welcome!

Good intros seem to "magically" get fast response.  [size=9]HINT! HINT![/size]
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:51:45 AM »
Great title and intro post.  I had a big smile on my face when i read the title.   ;D

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:08:39 AM »
Good intro and nice read. thank you for the work you put into it. Welcome to the site.

Tags: