Author Topic: Possible bug potential  (Read 2378 times)

Offline onlyindreamsTopic starter

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Possible bug potential
« on: November 13, 2009, 01:33:06 AM »
I decided that I wanted to keep a few sets of "a torn note" from the Halloween quest. Maybe a completed note as well for display or to sell in the future... So I bought a bag from a provisioner and I get the message "That item cannot be dropped". I put the bag into my bank box and try again, just to get the same message. However, I CAN drop the torn notes into the main level of my bank box.

The item is no trade, no drop but I can put it in my bankbox. I assume this is because bank boxes are tied in with the character? Anyone got a creative way to use this to an advantage?

*EDIT* Normally when you have the torn notes in your pack and you double click to pick up a piece which you already have, it will say "You already have a copy of this". With the pieces in your bank box you do not get this message and you can get them again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:36:25 AM by onlyindreams »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug potential
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:12:13 AM »
This gave me a thought and tried it to prove it. so thanks onlyindreams.  If you collect your soul havestor from grazelda and then drop it at bank and then you can go get another and another ....   So now i should be able to go though the dungeons collecting and filling my soul havestors without having to go back to here everytime.  I will report back my finding in a little bit.

Update.

You can not fill more than one in your pack DOH !!   But I did try to out think the system.  If you pick one up and place it under your cursor and run around then you can fill another at this time which allows you to fill 2 on one trip.  I am going to try some other ideas.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:39:04 AM by Masscre »

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:29:48 AM »
I also wanted to keep pieces of the Quest for future uses as "Rare" items.  I was trying to figure out how to take the torn pieces of note and get them so I can drop them?  Wanted to get one piece of torn note, then the torn note put together, then the letter after it was assembled (this I found out you can drop).  Would even be nice if somehow I could keep the items with timers.  I try and assemble all of these items in a nice display in my Museum.  Of course, this display will be called Halloween 2009.  Also, I often find that months or more than a year later, people will pay enormous amounts of gold to have these items in 'their collection". 

In my collection so far, are one of each of the Crystals, the two letters from the Quest, a Grim Warning, Skulls on a Pike, stacks of each of the Halloween Candy, one of each of the webs, murky milk, creepy cake, mr plain's cookies, pumpkin pizza, one of each of the Jack O' Lanterns (also trying to get one of each name as a seperate collection)  a cat statuette, pumpkin scarecrow, one of each costume, and a ruined tapestry.

Be nice to add Moongrass, torn notes, soul harvester, corporeal residue, etc.

Anyone have any ideas how to do this?  Is it possible?  Am I missing anything in my collection so far?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
If you want the torn note pieces in your house just do the following:
Get all 5 but don't double click them.
Place the trash barrel where you want the note piece to end up at.
Put the note into the trash barrel then use an axe on the trash barrel and the piece will fall into place.
Then lock it down.
The best part is you can still go get more pieces but once you double click them into note thats it.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 10:35:26 AM »
If you want the torn note pieces in your house just do the following:
Get all 5 but don't double click them.
Place the trash barrel where you want the note piece to end up at.
Put the note into the trash barrel then use an axe on the trash barrel and the piece will fall into place.
Then lock it down.
The best part is you can still go get more pieces but once you double click them into note thats it.
Well now that is interesting because when I tried that with some of the other stuff from the quest I got the message that it was going to be deleted immediately and did I want to proceed?
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »
I just got the same message --- "item will be destroyed immediately"

I went and ignored the message and put the next piece in and it said item will deleted in three minutes (the other gump was still on the screen, I just moved it out of the way).  Placed all 5 pieces in the trash barrel, axed it and wella it assembles it where the trash barrel was.

Just make sure you place the trash barrel where you want the note to be...(as it is permanent)!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:38:02 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Tags: