Author Topic: Stealth Client packets and other stuff  (Read 5240 times)

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Stealth Client packets and other stuff
« on: June 18, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
Hey guys,

How have you guys been? I missed you!

So I've been flirting with coming back to UO for a while now. And since the pandemic started I could use the distraction, and UO might just be what I need.

One of the things that have been keeping me from reactivating my old accounts is that I wanted to avoid EUO if possible. It's a great scripting platform, but comes with some problems that I would like to avoid.

I also remember having a few problems with Stealth back in the day which prevented me from getting 100% away from EUO. There were some things (which I don't remember now) that just couldn't be done with Stealth at the time.

So a couple of months ago I started writing some stuff for UO. I wanted to be independent from it all.

At first I started writing my own UO client, with plans of adding a scripting interface so that it would be similar to Stealth. Turns out it was a lot tougher and a bigger project than I thought, and would possibly take me years to complete with the way I was making progress.

So then I decided to write something similar to a bot for UO, using lua as scripting language. I worked on it for a while, but then I felt like it would be kind of redundant with EUO around, and it would probably take me a long time to make it more stable than EUO currently is.

Anyway, just wrote all that to share where my mind's at concerning UO and coming back.

With that said, I wanted to ask you guys about Stealth.

It's been several years since I last used Stealth, and I see there have been quite a few updates since then.

So my question: Can anyone tell me if there are still limitations or things you simply still can't do with Stealth that you would be able to do with EUO or just by manually playing, or is it capable of reproducing anything in-game with proper coding?

One cool feature I was thinking about (which I think hasn't been implemented yet) would be the usage of packets through it's scripting interface.

I was thinking of something like a callback for received and sent packets, where you could "read" the packets being received and sent and also an option to compile your own packet and manually send it.

I haven't messed with UO packets for a while so I don't remember how they are structured, but I remember it used to have some encryption.

So I thought of callbacks similar to these, from the top of my head. Here's some pseudo-code to illustrate what I mean.

Code: [Select]
function OnReceivePacket(p)
  -- code here
end
function OnSendPacket(p)
  -- code here
end

p would be the packet sent which would contain p.header and possibly an internal function to decode the packet so we could read it's information.

A function to compile our own packet and send it would be cool as well.

Like I said, I have been gone for a long time and just assumed something like this hasn't been added to Stealth yet.

And if the answer to my question above is that there are still limitations or things you can't do with Stealth, maybe the addition of the packets thingy could "complete"  it.

Sorry for the long wall of text, just wanted to put all of this into context.  ;D

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline ZeroDX

• Stealth Developer
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZeroDX has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Client packets and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 03:07:31 PM »
wow, this will be hard to create uo client solo. stealth does not provide packages-api.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:29:00 PM »
wow, this will be hard to create uo client solo. stealth does not provide packages-api.
Thank you for the reply ZeroDX. It would be a nice addition though, if it were added. :)

Can you tell me if there are currently any limitations with Stealth? Things that you could do with EUO that won't work with Stealth?
Never fail to be polite.

Offline ZeroDX

• Stealth Developer
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZeroDX has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »
sorry, but i never played with euo. i dont know, what it can do

Offline unisharp

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 10:47:28 AM »
Orion has a support library but im not sure that's what you're looking for:

https://github.com/Hotride/OrionDLL

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 10:41:34 PM »
sorry, but i never played with euo. i dont know, what it can do
Can every kind of gump be read? Plant gumps for example? Is the gump data for plants available on Stealth? That's one of the issues I remember having in the past with it.

Orion has a support library but im not sure that's what you're looking for:

https://github.com/Hotride/OrionDLL
I've don't really know Orion. I'll check it out.

Thank you guys.
Never fail to be polite.

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 04:23:37 AM »
I've been using stealth for the past year or so and I've completely moved away from euo. The only thing I don't like about stealth and writing in python is trying to create menus but it's still possible to do. Gumps are amazing in stealth once you understand how to use it. I also have no programming experience other than euo and transitioned from that to learning python for stealth. I can't even imagine the glorious things an actual programmer could do with stealth!! It also works with the new Classic UO client that's being developed and euo don't support it.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 05:26:30 AM »
I've been using stealth for the past year or so and I've completely moved away from euo. The only thing I don't like about stealth and writing in python is trying to create menus but it's still possible to do. Gumps are amazing in stealth once you understand how to use it. I also have no programming experience other than euo and transitioned from that to learning python for stealth. I can't even imagine the glorious things an actual programmer could do with stealth!! It also works with the new Classic UO client that's being developed and euo don't support it.
Yeah, I remember Stealth was really good. The problem was some limitations that it used to have back when I used it, and I'm wondering if they have been dealt with.

I remember that gumps in general worked really well, but some gumps (like plants for example) couldn't be read and I think not even clicked. So plant tending couldn't be done at the time... The gump info just wasn't there... With EUO we would use pixel recognition to 'read' the gumps from plants and then send the clicks at the proper locations...

There were some other things that were impossible too, I just don't remember them right now...

That's why I thought of using packets, cause I'm this stuff would be possible through packets reading and sending.

I'm kind of "scared" to start working and writing a bunch of stuff for Stealth to become stuck at some point and lose all the time/work.

But yeah, guess I'll just have to get my hands dirty and see. :D
Never fail to be polite.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2020, 09:09:53 PM »
So, I just found out you can log the packets with Stealth. Which is cool, and could maybe be a start. I'll have to fiddle with it a bit to see the possibilities...

Code: [Select]
02:00:25:037: Unknown Name, Client -> Server: 0x5D, len: 73
0000: 5D ED ED ED ED 4C 79 6F 74 6F 00 00 00 00 00 00         ]....Lyoto......
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00         ................
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00         ........?.......
0030: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00         ................
0040: 00 00 00 00 00 C0 A8 00 64     
Never fail to be polite.

Tags: