Author Topic: Coming back to UO (and Scripting)  (Read 2279 times)

Offline arson1234Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • arson1234 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Coming back to UO (and Scripting)
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
Howdy folks,

I'm returning to UO after a 5 year hiatus to see what all has changed and if I can be as good as I used to. I started playing in 1997 and took multiple breaks for other games, but generally would always return. I would say I hit my peak after AOS was released and then lost interest after Samurai Empire. That was about the last time I've played.

I was an avid user of EasyUO back then, and am using it now to get my skills up to par with today's templates. It looks like the loot and item system has had a moderate overhaul as well, so I need to get myself updated on that, train imbueing, and look for some decent item looting scrips. Back in the day I wrote a few scripts of my own - nothing fancy, just a spawn ghoster (the ghost would literally run from spawn to spawn throughout Fel and T2A), and a few skill trainers. I might get back into writing if I can find the time. I actually met my wife on UO about 7 years ago, and now we have a 2-year old that takes up much of our time!

If I stay interested in the game over the next few months/years, I look forward to being a part of the community and potentially providing some contributions of my own. Time will tell.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Coming back to UO (and Scripting)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:01 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO arson1234!

There's lot of changes since 5 years ago so don't hesitate to ask questions or use the search feature in the upper right corner. Besides the awesome scripts here at ScriptUO there is a ton of knowledge and information about game mechanics and UO in general. Be sure to check out all the threads to catch up to speed.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »
Welcome tot he site and back to Uo.  Scripting will help free you up to play when you have actual time for sure.  Anyways, welcome back

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:31 PM »
WB, Remember if you need anything, You know how to find me (:     

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 04:46:05 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:54:38 AM »
WELCOME!!!! :)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Welcome to the site and hope you decide to stay.

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »
Welcome to the site

Tags: