Author Topic: ScriptUO fishing Throwdown!  (Read 20160 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO fishing Throwdown!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
Seriously, though.  I used to rollplay a red pirate on Napa back when they use to have bounty boards.  I have a screenshot of me being the most wanted on the shard.  That was fun.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
I've killed my share of boaters... mostly for ore. Saves me having to mine.

Come to think of it... I have a ton of blackrock and haven't mined a single piece of it....

But that has nothing to do with fishing so....

Come to Pac and teach me how to fish... in Fel... alot...
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »
I only fish in fel :P  More leather!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
And the winners is......*Drum Roll*
"Hey how did BLAZE get in the picture? Man he follows me everywhere! :P"

Well Boy that was easy thanks to the godly fishing script FAF. Thanks TM!

I did 11 White Nets and received the Ghost Anchor on my 6th Net. All together I was 3 for 11  (Artic Death Dealer. Titan Leg Bone, and the Ghost Anchor). The artifacts actually pop into your pack like a replica or powerscroll and will be there even if you die. My character who threw the net received the artifact all 3 times.

The rope alone that the Leviathan drops makes it worthwhile doing. Now I won't have any trouble recharging my 11th Anniversary Hitching Post and I'll be able to stable and claim my pets at home with no worry about being able to recharge the post. Huzzah!

There's weren't any real tactics involved in taking down the Leviathan. I used 2 accounts. My Fisherman and my Tamer with a Greater Dragon. I don't know how Khameleon is doing it with one account!? He is a Master Fisherman and could probably enlighten us more as to what works and what doesn't. I am just a mere novice....but a lucky one. ;)

From what I saw my first day out at sea whoever casts the white net is pretty much on a suicide mission with little to no chance of survival. I don't think even a ninja with smokebombs could survive. There are too many sea creatures casting spells that constantly unhide you.

I had the character who was throwing the rope place all their items in the hatch so as to avoid insurance penalties. Then I just let him throw the White Net and get eaten.

I would park my Dragon right next to the fisherman/Net Tosser on one side of the boat. Then I would have my tamer go to the opposite end and cast invisibility. Once my tamer was hidden then I would have the fisherman cast the white net.

Fisherman would die in a matter of seconds. I then waited until all the sea monsters targeted my Greater Dragon. Once I knew they had all set their sites on him I would run in and heal with bandage in tandem with Greater Heal Spell. The first time I ran in too soon and I had Serpents attacking me instead of my Greater Dragon. You can't wait too long though....

The one thing I noticed once all Leviathan and sea creatures spawned was that some of the Sea Serpents and Deep Sea Serpents would wander off and not attack my Dragon. So sometimes I was forced to sick my Dragon on the wandering Sea Serpents before they turned their aggression towards me. Being that I use the superior client UOKR this wasn't too difficult. Boy that Bird's Eye view sure comes in handy! ;)

The race is still on! There's still the Sea Horse Statuette to be had! I'm having alot of fun fishing. Good luck guys! :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:21:06 PM by Ultima »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2009, 12:33:53 AM »
"superior client"  :o

Perhaps provoke?  Might be useful in this instance.  Provo Bard is still my all time favorite PvM character.

Sounds like you could use this....

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
sos_autofarmer1.png
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:39:19 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2009, 06:16:43 AM »
Now that is nice! I was getting lost all over the place when fishing up the nets. I didn't know my right foot from my left foot. I ended up having to download the printable Map from Utima Online Travelogues

The thing with provoke TM is if you fail the beastie is coming after you and that's the last thing you want happening on that small boat. There is no where to run on the open sea! Ack!

I brought my Disco-tamer whose 120/120 and I failed quite a few times trying to discord the Leviathan. I believe the Leviathan is 160 barding difficulty which means even trying to incite lesser monsters on him isn't guaranteed 100% of the time. It could work it just think it has a good chance of back firing on ya. Let me know how it goes. LOL! 8)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:21:30 AM by Ultima »

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
Seems as though windows automatic updates decided to halt my plans to GM a fisher last night!!!

*Turns that off*

Maybe tonight :*(

I did get my first colored net last night.  It was extremely ugly though!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »
Now that is nice! I was getting lost all over the place when fishing up the nets. I didn't know my right foot from my left foot. I ended up having to download the printable Map from Utima Online Travelogues

I have one that I printed on a giant color plotter back in 1999 that's still hanging on my wall.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
hehe still can't toss the net and live? 
try to toss the net, wait a few seconds.. Precast Invis.
as soon as the spawn starts popping target yourself. 99/100 you will be revealed again just cast invis and target yourself again.
it helps if you have your dragon guarding you too :)

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 05:12:19 AM »
I pulled out the ole fisherman the other day been running for about 24 hours now, 4 ASOS, about 8.75 Serps per hour and one colored fish net thus far.

@TM, I was going to donate fishsteaks and scales using FAF but when I recall to the library it is choosing the wrong NPC....I haven't looked at the code yet to see if it is just a simple change I need but just an FYI for ya.  If you need any details let me know and I will get all the details of it as I can.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 05:42:23 AM »
did you have the right donation checked?
I've ran the donations for a while, and the only error I run into is the move feature.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2009, 06:17:57 AM »
Notr to be outdone...I just pulled up MY ghost ship anchor..First  ASOS of the morning, I have 10 more to do, so with some luck I can get the seahorse too, and declair myself the overall winner!!

Muhahahah!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2009, 07:05:12 AM »
did you have the right donation checked?
I've ran the donations for a while, and the only error I run into is the move feature.

Yeah I even tried to run the donation checked in every way I could, Scales only, Fish only, Both fish and Scales, neither worked :(  I am right now just doing it without any donation and just collecting the fish and scales which isn't a big deal since I need to finish my cook anyways and I have my donation script that I can tweak to use for ferrying between the bank and the donation.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »
Nicely done Toptwo! You didn't give me much time to gloat did you. :-[

Not bad for beginner fisherman I must say. 

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2009, 08:17:01 AM »
Thanks Ultima!!

The part I find odd about it is that I dont even try to hide my fisherman..I strip him nekid, and let him die. At the last minute I decided to party them up. Well my tamer did ALL the work..the fisherman just keeled (nice use of a boat term there dontcha think) over dead as soon as spawn surfaced...and HE is the one that got the drop...he did NO damage, just droped dead...strange!

Just came back to edit this...did another ASOS after I posted, same thing. Got a polor bear mask..on the DEAD fisherman..so far the guy that has done ALL the killing has got nothing.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:32:13 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Tags: