• Reputation Power: 2
  • Nouveau has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
Hmm...
« on: March 02, 2013, 04:56:23 AM »
Good morning, all.  I'm sitting here thinking about the Nick Diaz - George St. Pierre fight coming up and pondering rares.  How those two things roll in to one, no idea!

Does anyone know if the the Buc's Den cluster of rocks and thin or scattered hay spawn anymore?  I've been at all of these places on various days as soon as the server comes up, and they are never there.  If they do still spawn, someone's got to be using one of those thingymabobbers that I used to use on one of the free servers.  Do any of the scripts pick things up from the ground?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hmm...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:08:25 AM »
If this answers your question. Yes scripts can be told to pick items up from the ground. I once wrote a script to walk around and pick up reagents off the ground while it was roaming.

Offline NouveauTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:22:51 AM »
That answers my script question, thank-you!  I can 'slightly' modify scripts, but I can't write them.  If you can point me to one that does pick up things off the ground, I can item ID what I'm after and add the item(s) to it.  I hope it's okay to ask about that. I'm still a newbie here.   :)

If this answers your question. Yes scripts can be told to pick items up from the ground. I once wrote a script to walk around and pick up reagents off the ground while it was roaming.

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +156
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »
That answers my script question, thank-you!  I can 'slightly' modify scripts, but I can't write them.  If you can point me to one that does pick up things off the ground, I can item ID what I'm after and add the item(s) to it.  I hope it's okay to ask about that. I'm still a newbie here.   :)
It's really easy actually, I bet you could do it yourself.

If you get the item type of the item you want to grab, you can just write something like this:

Code: [Select]
finditem %item G_2 ;(the number 2 here is the tile radius of where this line will look for)
for #findindex 1 #findcnt ; this line will go through every item of that type it finds
{
    exevent drag #findid #findstack
    exevent dropc #backpackid ; these two lines grabs the items and drops them into your backpack
    wait 20
}
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
Be sure to Include a

if #Findcnt > 0
{

}

Around that

For #Findindex 1 #Findcnt
{
}

Otherwise your script can do some pretty crazyyy stuff
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »
Neo & Manwinc-- thanks for the vote of confidance!  However, you give me too much credit.  I lack the basic something to make 2 + 2 = 4.   :-\    I understand what most scripts are attempting to do, what makes them tick, but it's not quite the same as having the knowledge to make them do that.  I sooooo struggled in math classes through the years.  It's why I'm in Graphic Design rather than Computer Science, though I must admit, I've always had a thing for making things work, the challenge.  This is just a bit out of my league. 

Have a great day, guys!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 04:58:18 AM »
I don't suppose you'd share that with me, would you, uhm, please?   :-\  Then maybe I could add the items to it that I want it to work on?  Maybe?

I once wrote a script to walk around and pick up reagents off the ground while it was roaming.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
I don't suppose you'd share that with me, would you, uhm, please?   :-\  Then maybe I could add the items to it that I want it to work on?  Maybe?

I once wrote a script to walk around and pick up reagents off the ground while it was roaming.

I would but that one has long been lost. Many, many, many years ago.

It was a very simple script though. If I get some down time this week. I will put it back together.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 06:24:50 AM »
Let us not forget that the claw has a little "loot ground items" check box on the bottom of the menu. :) 

Works great too might add.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »
No hurry, and thanks!

It was a very simple script though. If I get some down time this week. I will put it back together.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 06:45:03 AM »
I will run that up tonight and test it out. I have a piece of hay at home to test it on. I got lucky one day and actually got it.  Not since.  And, thank-you!  :)

Let us not forget that the claw has a little "loot ground items" check box on the bottom of the menu. :) 
Works great too might add.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 04:43:53 AM »
Let us not forget that the claw has a little "loot ground items" check box on the bottom of the menu. :)  Works great too might add.

Hmm, I tried with this script (Claw), I really did. I don't get it.  It wants to do so much more than I need it for.  I'm sure it does work good, it's just not for me.   :-[

Offline Ganesh89

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ganesh89 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »
Maybe this helps...found it on easyuo page:

regs picker..just modify the reg id's with what you want to pick up....it either runs in "run by mode" where you run near an item to pick up or you let it run in "move to mode" where it moves to the item in a 30 tile radius...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:26:52 PM by TrailMyx »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • My Musings
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
Maybe this helps...found it on easyuo page:

regs picker..just modify the reg id's with what you want to pick up....it either runs in "run by mode" where you run near an item to pick up or you let it run in "move to mode" where it moves to the item in a 30 tile radius...

It works awesome, thank-you!  It's quite fast too.  I tested it out this morning with several different items and with the Buc's Den rocks.  I'm thinking they must have changed the spawn location or it's no longer spawning.  There's no way anyone could of gotten it before me this time.  It sucks that it's so hard to find current data for things in the game anymore.  And, things on Origin always seem to be different from any place else.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »
Had to remove the linked script since it's available over at EasyUO and we don't allow people to post scripts without the author's permission.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: