Author Topic: Long Time Playing  (Read 1533 times)

Offline VenkmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Venkman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Long Time Playing
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:39:31 AM »
Hey everyone,

I started playing UO way back when the HomeLAN Fed (a group of gamers that served games from UO, Counter-Strike, Tribes, etc...) was around (late 90's) as a freeshard. They got me hooked! I became a Seer and eventually a GM. I loved the openness of UO and how you could become and do whatever you want. I moved onto UO:Demise after HomeLAN closed. I made my home there for the last 10 years or so. I really enjoy the PVM aspect and a little bit of PVP. It just drives me nuts how everyone sits at the Brit gate though! I mainly craft, but getting the resources is a PITA!!!!

A little more about me personally though! I've lived in Chicago my whole life. I'm a huge baseball fan - especially the White Sox (who were terrible this year). I grew up playing baseball and traveling mostly across the country playing. I even played in Cuba during high school! Hell of a trip! I've been married for a little over a year and we're expecting our first child in the spring :) So that's kind of exciting! I enjoy golfing when it's warm out and skiing when it's snowing :)

Needless to say, I stumbled upon ScriptUO on our Demise forums. I've been trying to write some scripts of my own, but found that I needed a bunch of help! ScriptUO seems to be a community dedicated to helping out and I was hoping to become a part of it.

Thank you for your consideration!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Long Time Playing
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 07:04:55 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Congrats on the little one on the way. I am sure that Gim will be along soon to unrestrict you.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Congrats on the little one on the way. I am sure that Gim will be along soon to unrestrict you.

Gimlet is incapacitated on the porch with way too much stuffing and turkey ingested.  But welcome anyhow!

Anyhow, congrats on the new one coming!  No doubt UO will be around for another 20 years so you can teach them the ropes and puttem to work farming for you.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »
Welcome!

Offline VenkmanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Venkman has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 07:17:37 PM »
Thanks everybody!!! :D

The incapacitation via Thanksgiving goodness is worth it!!

Tags: comeback  newbie