Author Topic: Couple of Questions... Max looting speed & Avg. Time to log a client in/out...  (Read 2730 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I was brainstorming some ideas for scripts and a few of them hinged on some questions I don't really know the answer too.

1) How long does it take on average to log into an account?  Say I setup a TON of Trial Accounts.  If each character will stay in the game world for 5 minutes after clicking logout what's the maximum number of characters I could keep logged into If I setup a script with all the Acc's / PW's & had it going as fast as possible???   I'm going to guess maybe ~10 Seconds to log in/out per character so 6 characters / min..  So if characters start leaving the game world after 5 minutes 1 running client could keep maybe ~30 ? characters logged in & working on their 5 minutes in the game world B4 they log out?

2) What's The fastest you can get exevent drag / drops to work reliably?  If I was going to move 60k gold coins from one bag to anther 1 coin at a time etc?   I'm vaguely remembering somewhere in the neighborhood of ~20 items a minute can be moved but I'm not sure... 

Anyone?   Thx in advance.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
I was brainstorming some ideas for scripts and a few of them hinged on some questions I don't really know the answer too.

1) How long does it take on average to log into an account?  Say I setup a TON of Trial Accounts.  If each character will stay in the game world for 5 minutes after clicking logout what's the maximum number of characters I could keep logged into If I setup a script with all the Acc's / PW's & had it going as fast as possible???   I'm going to guess maybe ~10 Seconds to log in/out per character so 6 characters / min..  So if characters start leaving the game world after 5 minutes 1 running client could keep maybe ~30 ? characters logged in & working on their 5 minutes in the game world B4 they log out?

2) What's The fastest you can get exevent drag / drops to work reliably?  If I was going to move 60k gold coins from one bag to anther 1 coin at a time etc?   I'm vaguely remembering somewhere in the neighborhood of ~20 items a minute can be moved but I'm not sure... 

Anyone?   Thx in advance.

Your estimates of 10sec, approx 20  seem pretty much spot on depending on ping/latency etc to the server in question

So whats the bug your working on .. why are you dragging 1coin at a time from one bag to another.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Your estimates of 10sec, approx 20  seem pretty much spot on depending on ping/latency etc to the server in question

So whats the bug your working on .. why are you dragging 1coin at a time from one bag to another.

Well the question about drag / dropping originated with a looting script.  I was curious what the Maximum # of "loots" possible in a given period of time was.  I was thinking about setting up a Miasma Killer again & potentially running Trial Accts to do all the looting so I don't waste time entering /  leaving the dungeon.

The Question about the Maximum # of accts I could keep online was just something fun that occurred to me.  If I went and created say 30 Trial Accts & took the new character out of young status that character will then spend 5 minutes in the gameworld after I logout.  What I was thinking could be amusing would be a script that can log into those given accts & perhaps move the characters around to spell words / phrases heh.  I saw a youtube Video of a marching band etc.. which is what made me think of it.  I just figured maxing out my # of clients (~4) wouldn't be enough to spell anything entertaining so then I realized I could just use the 5 mins the characters will sit there instead & only run 1 active client continually switching characters & perahaps moving em around etc.  LoL imagine hiding the characters on luna gate & setting them up to continually keep it blocked in with bagballs or something heh..   Anyway you can tell I was borred.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
no offense, but you have way to much time on your hands!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO

Lol, well he did mention he was bored, but he's gotta be bored out of his gourd!!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
LoL... being bored & having time on my hands isn't necessarily the same thing.   That's probably the most entertaining thing about UO for me is thinking about the different projects etc I could be doing IF I had time.  A 14 Month old Eats up that mythical Free time thing, but naptime is still king.

Tags: