Author Topic: Plant script  (Read 21123 times)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Plant script
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
OK - you guys now have me interested in growing plants-I start today.

First Question Lockdown on roof or in a secure?

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 07:53:52 AM »

I believe they can't grow in a container, unless it's your backpack, or within your backpack.

Typical way is to throw a ton in a small crate, then chop it, so  they are all contained within one tile.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
I am missing something here - won't they just decay?

I thought i use to grow stuff in the bank

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 10:14:10 AM »
I am missing something here - won't they just decay?

I thought i use to grow stuff in the bank

You lock them down silly!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »
OMG:

Just wanted to say thanks ahead of time for working on a new script for plants.

There are 3 "I wish I could get my hands on that script someday" here on this site that I'm aware of.  And plant tending was one of them.

So again.. Thank you! 

Look forward to giving it a whirl, I'll start piling up some seeds!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 10:53:52 AM »
OMG:

Just wanted to say thanks ahead of time for working on a new script for plants.

There are 3 "I wish I could get my hands on that script someday" here on this site that I'm aware of.  And plant tending was one of them.

So again.. Thank you! 

Look forward to giving it a whirl, I'll start piling up some seeds!

What are the other two?

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »

Thanks!

Would you recommend one greater strength potion or two?  Or should it scale on how unhealty it is maybe?

The bowl thing is a great idea.  I never knew that.

Since I don't have to use the strength pots too often, and because I have such a nice stock of all pots due to C2's potion factory, I usually just let it use 2 pots to be safe, although healthy plants should only need 1 (wilted definitely need 2 and dying plants I'm still torn on whether they are worth the effort to try saving).

And I'm glad I could share the info on re-using the plant bowls, as I didn't realize they could be saved once the graphic changed to a plant either until my friend asked for that option in my script!
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

Offline Dixie Wrecked

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dixie Wrecked has no influence.
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 11:17:33 AM »

I believe they can't grow in a container, unless it's your backpack, or within your backpack.

Typical way is to throw a ton in a small crate, then chop it, so  they are all contained within one tile.

Plants will grow in a character's backpack, in a character's bank, and in a beetle's backpack (or within containers contained in/on any of those), but only upon login of that character and only if the growth cycle has passed for each plant.  Before having the lockdowns to use for locking a large amount of plants down using the chopped container method, i used to grow either 240-360 plants on each unused character, depending on whether i wanted to use their bank or not.  I still grow them in character backpacks at times (mainly when i am growing a new seed type and want to get my stocks up so i can lockdown the same type in one stack). 
"hmm, theres no examples and directions sticky in new member intros.  you have to admit script library would have been a good place to put it"
- karrde

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »
Since I don't have to use the strength pots too often, and because I have such a nice stock of all pots due to C2's potion factory, I usually just let it use 2 pots to be safe, although healthy plants should only need 1 (wilted definitely need 2 and dying plants I'm still torn on whether they are worth the effort to try saving).

I see.

Maybe I should place in an option to discard or save plants once they hit a dying stage.  I think all but one of my plants are wilted (lol) and I've applied two greater strength potions.  I'll see if that worked today when I get home.

Thanks a bunch for your advice!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »
I went ahead and wrote subs to identify the health state of the plant, and the day in it's growth cycle today.  So far the tending sub has yet again been flawless, I'm actually beginning to feel comfortable with it somewhat.

Tomorrow I'm going to add in some subs to identify what potions are currently applied to the plants.  I know people should really check IF their plants have completed their growth cycle and are ready for tending, but just incase this won't 'over tend' them applying heal/cure/poisons that are already applied.  One of my reasonings for this is because my friend & I will both be tending our plants in a joint effort & splitting all seeds & resources.  This way we can both run it just to be safe w/o having to contact the other person to see if they ran it or not, or really having to bother using your brain to look!

As far as resources/seeds go, is it typical to gather them only on day X (when they have 8/8)?  Is there any downside to gathering the resources/seeds daily that anyone knows of?

I plan to have it log resources used, and resources harvested after running each cycle so players can keep track of their "investment".  I'll have it also log in seconds how long their tending cycle took.  An option to log out when finished will be added, even though it really don't matter.  I also assume you can do this all while hidden.

Progress may end up going a little slow just because of the time it looks like it takes for plants to grow.  In a few days it's going to be all about waiting for the next day in the cycle for another test run, and getting a few more ocr values.

I'm also currently pretty tied up in my interest on a few new templates & my daily shenanigans!  What a maniac I can be when it comes to ideas for 'playing' uo.

Scrripty

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »
I recommend gathering daily if you're going to be doing any real numbers of plants.  Cause on the last day of tending, if you do not, it can take up to 5 hours to finish tending 3k plants. :)  Take it from experience.  Daily harvesting cuts down on your time at the end by a large factor.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 07:08:39 PM »
I recommend gathering daily if you're going to be doing any real numbers of plants.  Cause on the last day of tending, if you do not, it can take up to 5 hours to finish tending 3k plants. :)  Take it from experience.  Daily harvesting cuts down on your time at the end by a large factor.

Very good idea.

So if growth day > X check for resources/seeds.

I didn't know if there was a drawback of collecting them earlier, but I see what you're saying.  I suppose when they produce all 8 that you can't gather 8 at once, but rather have to do 16 clicks per plants? lol.  that would totally be lame.

thanks!  i never thought i'd get back into a script like this again... lol.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 03:05:33 PM »
Today I went ahead and got the pixel codes for slight infestation/fungi levels from my plants, added those into the code to tend them properly.  It now tends all levels of water, infestation, fungi.  I still need to not water one a few days to get a very dry, I suppose red + to make it deal with that haha.

I also have it scan for currently applied cure/poison before applying more.  That way if they were already tended, it won't over tend them.

Updated the sub to check health level of plant;  vibrant.  Yes, I finally have a vibrant plant!  I cheated!  I JUST PLANTED it! :D lol...  I'm so bad at tending...  Will people really want to trust this script?!  I'm not sure if this part of the sub is useful, but whatever, it's updated or almost done.  It can be an unused so if needed.

Updated the growth checker.  Still applies str pots if your plant did NOT grow due to unhealthy conditions, and tells it to continue tending.  If healthy tells plant to continue tending.  If no growth occurred, tells it to stop tending the plant.

Updated plant day wanabeocr.

Phew.  Now I can play!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 03:57:24 PM »
Didn't Kal have an OCR that did plant info already? Might be easier to use that for scanning.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
Didn't Kal have an OCR that did plant info already? Might be easier to use that for scanning.

I thought about that.  But went ahead and just wanted to code it all myself.  Last time I wrote a script to do the footstool quest over and over my friends were so confused on setting up the kalocr file in the same stupid location as easyuo & the script. lol

Tags: