Author Topic: Back to Uo after 13 years!! :)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline lamerucoloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lamerucolo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back to Uo after 13 years!! :)
« on: August 26, 2023, 01:13:16 AM »
Hello!
I am Federico...from Italy! I started playing UO back in 1997/1998. I even remember assisting to the Lord British murder during the beta testing period...

UO was so much fun in the good old times but also a very cruel place to live in!
People could hide inside your house and loot everything you owned, your best friend could stab you in the back for looting your vanquishing katana and your valorite armour... and to GM Magery would take months!!!

The worst feelings of the human being emerged during the gaming experience: murder, theft, robbery, betrayal, deceit... but it was all tremendously fun!!!
And it was all based on skills...the items were worthless! Resources were hard to come by: mining was dangerous, and it wasn't unusual to lose everything to PKs that infested the mountains outside Britannia.

Then came Trammel's disgrace to distort the game, then came the dupers and inflation and in a few years UO was dominated by a few very rich Oligarchs, often cheaters, who destroyed the game's economy (RL is not so different right??).

My first 15 years of UO were troubled: accounts hacked, emptied and with all the beloved characters deleted ... but I always restarted from scratch and despite all this game has always remained in my heart.

I stopped playing for 10 years...marriage, children but then a few months ago the urge returned: I had to start over where I left off!

I play on Atlantic and Europa but Balhae is my choice for mining and lumberjacking ;)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Uo after 13 years!! :)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 05:24:48 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Back to Uo after 13 years!! :)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 08:59:54 AM »
WELCOME!

Tags: