Author Topic: Ouestion about bushido  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey WalesTopic starter

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Ouestion about bushido
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:16:19 AM »
My Question is do you need parry to be abel to evade im thinking of creating a bushido dexer ive been toying with the idea of this template
120 archery
120 Fencing
120 Bushido
90 tatics
90 healing
60 chiv

im cosidering doing parry or anatomy or resist spells
I plan to use a box as well any sugestions and information will be apreciated

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Ouestion about bushido
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:56:32 AM »
Maybe get on test center and try it?
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »
Fairly positive that yo ucan evade but you will fail more often.  I took evade of fmy sampire and put another skill in its place to farm a certain something, something and i was still evading fairly well but there was a difference.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
http://www.uoguide.com/Evasion

Minimum Skill :   60

Duration:     3 to 6 seconds with a 2 second bonus if your Bushido is above 100.0 and both Tactics and Anatomy are 100.0 or better

Area of Effect : Caster

Description:     Increases your chance to parry, also grants the ability to parry direct damage attacks from other sources, such as spells and Dragons Breath. Evasion can only be used once every 20 seconds. The chance to block is based on Bushido, Anatomy, and Tactics. The duration of Evasion is also influenced by these skills.

Reading this I would think Yes Parry is mandatory if you your going to evade. According to the description it increases your chance to Parry so if you have No Parry....you have no chance.

However I've run templates without Parry and still get the evade emote when running Anatomy +Tactics. So I'm thinking that it probably works without Parry even if it's not intended or maybe it's just another big perk of being a samurai.

I'd like to know a definitive answer to this myself...

I'm gonna go with Yes....you can evade without Parry. :-\

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:39:15 AM »
When I read that I get "parry not required". Increases chance to parry - so if you have parry, this increases your chance. ALSO (which kinda means a separate added ability) grants the ability to parry direct damage attacks....etc...

So even if you have 0 parry you still should be granted the ability to parry direct damage attacks.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 07:37:07 PM »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 08:06:40 PM »
I've always heard parry is necessary. Its an easy test for me (Multiple soul stoned trained bush dexxers)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »
He has evaded 1 in 20 harms

120 weapon, 120 bush, 120 tactics, 100 anatomy. 0 parry
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:11 AM »
So he can do it, but he sucks at it.  If he had 120 parry he should have parried 7 with a 1H weapon or 8 with a 2H weapon.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 11:56:47 PM »
*bleep* 8 in 20 my A$$, lol I swear to god its more of a 95% Chance to evade.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 10:11:35 AM »
I suspect you are right, but I have never done a test on the percentage, I just pulled those numbers from the stratics chance to parry tables based on skill.

-Mario Andretti

Tags: