Author Topic: To Use or Not To Use  (Read 3396 times)

Offline gimletTopic starter

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
To Use or Not To Use
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:21:31 AM »

To Use or Not To Use Armslore when you are going after elemental weapons

or when you are going to imbue.

Thoughts anyone?

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: To Use or Not To Use
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:44:09 AM »
What difference does it make? You still get damage increase with or without arms lore, right?

Everything else is completely random. I guess I don't get why you wouldn't want arms lore??
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:18:19 AM »
What difference does it make? You still get damage increase with or without arms lore, right?

Everything else is completely random. I guess I don't get why you wouldn't want arms lore??

Well it was a question, but with increased damage etc does it leave less room to imbue.

I guess what i am saying is without using a runic, is what you make more flexible to imbue.

I never take for granted that things are good for me until i prove it to myself.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:35:14 AM »
I never take for granted that things are good for me until i prove it to myself.

This is probably the most brilliant quote I've read in 2011!! +rep Gim!
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
I'm still lost.

When you imbue the first thing you do is drop damage increase to 1, right? Then you imbue all your stuff. Then the last imbue you do is to raise damage up to whatever is left.

Least that's the way I've always been doing it.

And since you'll be using exceptional weapons for the 500 points, you will always be getting DI on them *IF* they are exceptional. I guess you could drop Blacksmithing to the point that you get normal weapons all the time without any damage increase and then imbue the 450 points you get from those... but you can buy those from any npc vendor.

Sorry Gimlet, I'm kinda lost on the train of thought here for not using Arms Lore......
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »
I think you just answered the question Cerv.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have known to drop DI down to 1 before imbuing.

If that's the case though, what is the point of Arms Lore other than when burning a runic for stuff you're not going to imbue (is there such a thing anymore?) because otherwise you're just dropping the DI down anyhow. I would assume one would do something similar with the extra resists on armor to make room for other Imbue's but I'm way out of the Imbuing loop anyhow.

The point to me would be why bother wasting 100 points on Arms Lore when I don't use it anyhow?
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 09:47:38 AM »
You want Arms Lore for the additional resists you get when crafting any type of armor. It *used* to be useful for the 40 DI on weapons, but since DI is probably the last thing you really want to modify on weapons with imbuing, it's really useless for imbued weapons.

Arms Lore doesn't do anything else for weapons, doesn't increase the % of exceptional or anything. When crafting with runics it doesn't add % to modifications or anything else.

I guess to answer Gim's original question, Arms Lore plays no part in crafting weapons for imbuing. (with the disclaimer that if you imbue the weapon you'll reduce the DI to 1 anyways).

The point of reducing DI to 1 as a first imbue is so the other imbues that use Runics will be much easier and your success percentage goes way up because the total points on the weapon is much lower.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:55 AM »
OK - I now understand, I was not dropping the DI to 1 so now I see. Thanks!

OK - so i'll now have to weigh is the increased resists worth 100 points on my crafter

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 09:57:34 AM »
Sometimes I just buy the weapon and use 450 points for the imbue just so I can put 5 attributes onto it without DI.

A support bow for my Archer/Tamer comes to mind. I'm not shooting it to do damage, I'm shooting it to do specials so my pet(s) can tear it up. HLD/HLA/HML all maxed out allows my pet to hit more and get hit for less damage.

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
So all the elemental weapons i've been hoarding for many years are not worthless!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
Oh no doubt! Even with only 450 points to imbue, if you are using them for PvM you can make up the DI from items by a properly prepared suit.

25 Ring
25 Bracelet
20 Tali
25 Stormgrip
---
95 out of 100 right there. You really don't need any DI on the weapon. And if you "match up" the elemental type with the right slayer you'll be doing hella dmg.

I use a 100% Fire Radiant Scim on White Wryms and usually 2-3 hit kill them.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »
Arms lore only real use anymore is for getting extra resist in armor crafting other than than i usualy take it off with soul stones when im makeing weapons to toss on another skill i may need while imbueing

Tags: