Author Topic: pho send?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline QuagmireTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Quagmire has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
pho send?
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
hey i am trying use us a send command to a php website like a chart so i would send a string and that string goes into a chart. is there anything i need to do to that web page specifically or do i just create the chart and have it refresh it?

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: pho send?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »
Is this from an EasyUO script?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 11:21:27 AM »
yea heres a sample
just the send command from easyuo, just want it to send a string now wondering if i have to like put vars in the php table so it updates
Code: [Select]
sub phpsend
%1 myweb.
%2 /security/test.php
%3 #charname
set #sendheader Content-type: , #spc ,
send httppost %1 %2 textarea= , %3
return

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »
This is the general syntax I use:

Code: [Select]
  send HTTPPost yourserver.org /scripts/testscript.php?data= , %var , &mod= , %var2

My mod command was just a command specifier mostly.

I found that some webservers are slow, so it takes time for them to post.  The one here at Hypermart is SLOOOW, I get much better results by posting to my Linux server at home.

But what your problem is I think you need to string all your last arguments together.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:53:34 PM »
well yeah i know that just that i mean do i need to do anything special on the vps like set vars and *bleep* or just create the page that it post to

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
Not really, just read the variables that you're passing, and then have your PHP do the rest.  After that's it's just a php thing.  I generally use python, but the idea is the same.  Since it's really open to how you've created your PHP code and your method of data accumulation, at least you'll know the EasyUO side is passing what it can. 

Normally, when I'm doing a post from my EasyUO code, I'm just quickly posting and appending onto a file on a server or creating a record in a MySQL database, so the php fires once and completes.  Honestly, I haven't gotten all that fancy with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Freddy

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
Honestly, I'd advise against using EasyUO's http commands. EUO has a nasty habit of timing out while using that command and locking up the script.

What I use is a script to store data as a persistent var and a small app that I wrote to scan the registry for changes and update a mysql database accordingly.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
Honestly, I'd advise against using EasyUO's http commands. EUO has a nasty habit of timing out while using that command and locking up the script.

What I use is a script to store data as a persistent var and a small app that I wrote to scan the registry for changes and update a mysql database accordingly.

I agree completely.  You'll find it's faster too.  Super easy application written in VB or C# works wonders for that.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 11:59:33 AM »
quaggy i smell a new project for us!

Offline gen2000

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gen2000 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »

I agree completely.  You'll find it's faster too.  Super easy application written in VB or C# works wonders for that.

Could you give some pointers on this? I've just started trying to learn c#, and hadn't got that far yet. haha!

Tags: