Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 479132 times)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1110 on: August 28, 2021, 12:06:56 PM »
Highly Highly Highly recommend this script - http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97820#97820 . Read through it, there are two fixes that need to be done, and ensure you have the correct files, otherwise it wont work properly. But this once set up and works you can fly through MIBs. 10 chests to hold them, and runes to where you want to drop a boat from (you will get idea when you read up on it). Hope this helps.

Ditto!  This is one of the most useful scripts for those of us with 1000s of MIBs.  Being able to organize them into easy to sail to sections of a map make farming so much simpler.
I am afraid that to get that functional on the newest version of Easyuo, it is more than a few changes though...
Easier to just D/L the fixed ones.
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 29, 2021, 03:45:29 AM »
There is a user defined option on claw inteface, you type in Artifact. then above that line is where you can pull down and grab the word - just make sure you toggle the <>+= to NA before you add it, otherwise will look like this Artifact < bleh bleh...which you want. i dont have it open in front of me, but will try and get a screen shot explaining better.

Yes i run 4 accounts same time, if your computer can handle it. 2 should not be issue as long as your comp is decent, but dont know specifics so dont ask. and yes you will need to ensure you toggle the clients per each character.. so each claw is on separate characters and so is each fishing client.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 29, 2021, 05:11:39 AM »
2. I've had issues with the client crashing when I run more than one fisher. Currently I have a separate file for 2 claws and 2 fishers and their save files. Do you do anything else? Like run it in a special compatibility mode? etc?

The only thing I see as a conflict that I know of that is quick to cause client crashes is related to mouse clicks. There are 3 mouse click sections of code in the fishing script:
1) travel
2) library donation
3) stand correctly routine (TM_StandCorrectly) - I did not do the math on where it is clicking, but I think it is configured for an 800x600 screen size and would force your character to stand facing south-east (UO cardinal direction so straight down) at some point. If it is a 640x480 screen size your character would stand east (again UO cardinal direction so bottom right corner of the game window). (TM_StandCorrectly also pathfinds to have the character stand probably below the mast and within 2 tiles of the ship's hold, then finally moves the mouse somewhere to the south/south-east of the character - but it doesn't do a mouse click - only moves the mouse there).

I never did the library donation this way, because the items stack. I would just bind those into a deed (these days) and head to the library once in a while myself to do the donation.

Mouse click locations are important because there is 1 mouse action at a time on the computer. This means you don't want the screens minimized or behind something else. I know at one point mouse clicks were like the screen reads and affected whatever the top client was. I have had more success in recent operating systems getting it to read screens where I had a browser open on top. I can't get screen reads to work if the client is minimized. Are your clients minimized??

I had client crashes and situations where it would lock up, but managed to have better results when changing all my mouse click operations to use 'DMC' ('don't move [mouse] cursor' position).

I have run 3 clients on my I5-4 core system reliably. A 4th client and I notice a difference. A 5th client and my computer is very sluggish to respond the way I am used to. I have plenty of RAM, so in my case I believe it is really the CPU that limits my system. I have discussed multiple clients with others who run 7 clients with a better CPU than mine, but that is more than my setup can handle. YMMV...

When you run your multiple clients, are each of the game windows able to be seen together on screen?

When you describe it crashing, do you mean you can click on the paperdoll 'logout' button? or does the game client "become unresponsive"? My solution involving "mouse clicks changed to use 'DMC'" corrected the issue where I could still logout using the paperdoll choice (I think this is sometimes fixed by re-opening the paperdoll which resync's the connection to the server; and there is a sync option in Razor/RazorEnhanced which does something similar). When the client 'becomes unresponsive' is a different issue for which I have not found a solution.

Are you using VM or directly on your OS?
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1113 on: August 29, 2021, 07:29:07 AM »
2 questions:

1. How did you add "Artifact" to the CLAw? Was it as simple as just adding it through user defined by typing "Artifact"?

2. I've had issues with the client crashing when I run more than one fisher. Currently I have a separate file for 2 claws and 2 fishers and their save files. Do you do anything else? Like run it in a special compatibility mode? etc?

Adding a word like "Artifact"
1) Type "Artifact" into the "User Entry" line and press "OK" next to it.
2) "Artifact" will now appear in the "User Defined" drop down selections
3) Select "Artifact" from the "User Defined" dropdown,  Press the ">=" several times until "NA" appears
4) Press "OK"
5) Simple rule "Artifact" will now appear in your simple rules list.  Add that rule to your active list

More than one fisher:
EasyUO doesn't do well with more than one client and is worse when there's a bunch of drag/drops going on.  Early on we found that in order to prevent interactions between clients, we run each instance of a client in its own virtual machine.  Personally I use VirtualBox and a minimal Windows 10.  You just make one instance and get it configured then clone it so you can have multiple instances of UO basically running but each on its own "computer".
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:27:26 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 29, 2021, 01:37:39 PM »
3) Select "Artifact" from the "User Defined" dropdown,  Press the ">=" several times until "NA" appears
4) Press "OK"
5) Simple rule "Artifact" will now appear in your simple rules list.  Add that rule to your active list

More than one fisher:
EasyUO doesn't do well with more than once client and is worse when there's a bunch of drag/drops going on.  Early on we found that in order to prevent interactions between clients, we run each instance of a client in its own virtual machine.  Personally I use VirtualBox and a minimal Windows 10.  You just make one instance and get it configured then clone it so you can have multiple instances of UO basically running but each on its own "computer".

That!!!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • TrackStar has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 30, 2021, 06:13:29 AM »

The only thing I see as a conflict that I know of that is quick to cause client crashes is related to mouse clicks. There are 3 mouse click sections of code in the fishing script:
1) travel
2) library donation
3) stand correctly routine (TM_StandCorrectly) - I did not do the math on where it is clicking, but I think it is configured for an 800x600 screen size and would force your character to stand facing south-east (UO cardinal direction so straight down) at some point. If it is a 640x480 screen size your character would stand east (again UO cardinal direction so bottom right corner of the game window). (TM_StandCorrectly also pathfinds to have the character stand probably below the mast and within 2 tiles of the ship's hold, then finally moves the mouse somewhere to the south/south-east of the character - but it doesn't do a mouse click - only moves the mouse there).

I never did the library donation this way, because the items stack. I would just bind those into a deed (these days) and head to the library once in a while myself to do the donation.

Mouse click locations are important because there is 1 mouse action at a time on the computer. This means you don't want the screens minimized or behind something else. I know at one point mouse clicks were like the screen reads and affected whatever the top client was. I have had more success in recent operating systems getting it to read screens where I had a browser open on top. I can't get screen reads to work if the client is minimized. Are your clients minimized??

I had client crashes and situations where it would lock up, but managed to have better results when changing all my mouse click operations to use 'DMC' ('don't move [mouse] cursor' position).

I have run 3 clients on my I5-4 core system reliably. A 4th client and I notice a difference. A 5th client and my computer is very sluggish to respond the way I am used to. I have plenty of RAM, so in my case I believe it is really the CPU that limits my system. I have discussed multiple clients with others who run 7 clients with a better CPU than mine, but that is more than my setup can handle. YMMV...

When you run your multiple clients, are each of the game windows able to be seen together on screen?

When you describe it crashing, do you mean you can click on the paperdoll 'logout' button? or does the game client "become unresponsive"? My solution involving "mouse clicks changed to use 'DMC'" corrected the issue where I could still logout using the paperdoll choice (I think this is sometimes fixed by re-opening the paperdoll which resync's the connection to the server; and there is a sync option in Razor/RazorEnhanced which does something similar). When the client 'becomes unresponsive' is a different issue for which I have not found a solution.

Are you using VM or directly on your OS?

Good to know about what the best client size is. I think that might help some pathing issues I've noticed. (it gets to the spot but its fumbles around a bit)

I've been keeping the client opened and have tried on one screen or on different screens. I've noticed if I just leave the 2 of them running and I don't interact with my computer at all then both clients will USUALLY go without interruption.

When there is a crash its always just one client and its while I'm actively using the computer for web browsing. The client will simply close completely without notice.

I am using Win 10. VM sounds like the way to go and was something I was considering when I came to ask you guys about this.

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 30, 2021, 06:16:37 AM »
2 questions:

1. How did you add "Artifact" to the CLAw? Was it as simple as just adding it through user defined by typing "Artifact"?

4) Press "OK"

More than one fisher:
EasyUO doesn't do well with more than one client and is worse when there's a bunch of drag/drops going on.  Early on we found that in order to prevent interactions between clients, we run each instance of a client in its own virtual machine.  Personally I use VirtualBox and a minimal Windows 10.  You just make one instance and get it configured then clone it so you can have multiple instances of UO basically running but each on its own "computer".

Thanks for the info on the CLAw. Sounds like I was using it properly! Glad to know I'm able to work through a lot of this myself and that it, for the most part, is decipherable for me.

Yea, it sounds like I should do a VM. I used to do QA for a web developer a long time ago where I used VM and others extensively as well as various other reasons over the years.

Is there a virtual machine software you prefer? VirtualBox I guess?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1117 on: August 30, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »
Thanks for the info on the CLAw. Sounds like I was using it properly! Glad to know I'm able to work through a lot of this myself and that it, for the most part, is decipherable for me.

Yea, it sounds like I should do a VM. I used to do QA for a web developer a long time ago where I used VM and others extensively as well as various other reasons over the years.

I used to use VMWare Workstation until my licenses got too old.  VirtualBox is sufficient (though seems slower).  They both allow for cloning VMs, and that's what's important.  Another nice byproduct of consigning your UO session to the VM is that you can use your computer for general stuff simultaneously since the mouse/keyboard interaction is negated and you can minimize the display so that even OCR-intensive scripts will still work.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 30, 2021, 11:41:31 AM »

I used to use VMWare Workstation until my licenses got too old.  VirtualBox is sufficient (though seems slower).  They both allow for cloning VMs, and that's what's important.  Another nice byproduct of consigning your UO session to the VM is that you can use your computer for general stuff simultaneously since the mouse/keyboard interaction is negated and you can minimize the display so that even OCR-intensive scripts will still work.

I used to use VMWare and I can probably get a free copy. I'll see if I can do that before trying VirtualBox.

Offline awicker0510

• Activity:
    0%
  • awicker0510 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 13, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »
I started running this script again and I am running into a problem.  After killing a serpent and the boat needs to move to make it lootable the script goes the opposite way of the corpse. for example if the boat needs to go backwards to loot, the script has the character say forward one and it just goes on endlessly going the wrong way. 

I am not sure how to fix the problem.  I don't know how to figure out if the problem lies in the script identifying the character XY or the dead body XY   It calculates the incorrect direction to go based on the location calculated on the comparison of the XY of the body/character.

I tried swapping the forward one/backward one commands in the sub but it did not fix it. It has to be something in the calculation of body/character location.  any help is appreciated.

here is the sub it is getting stuck in
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sub LootSerpent
  namespace push
  namespace local LS
  set !temptargetkindid #LTARGETKIND
  set !templtargetid #LTARGETID
  set !templobjectid #LOBJECTID
  set #LTARGETKIND 1
  finditem YFM G_10 ; locate a dead body
  if #FINDKIND = -1
  {
    namespace pop
    return
  }
  wait 2s
  finditem YFM G_10 ; locate a dead body again, first body may have changed.

event property #FINDID
  if serpent NOTIN #property ; be sure the located body is a serpent of some sort
  {
    ignoreitem #FINDID
    namespace pop
    return
  }
  set !presentserp #FINDID
  ignoreitem #FINDID
  set %deadserpcount %deadserpcount + 1
  set %totalserps %totalserps + 1
  menu set EUOStatus Serpent looting in progress...
  set !tempxxx #CHARPOSX
  set !tempyyy #CHARPOSY
closey:
  set !xdist #CHARPOSX - #FINDX
  set !ydist #CHARPOSY - #FINDY
  if !xdist = -1 && ( !ydist < -1 || !ydist > 1 )
  {
    event macro 3 0 left one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if ( !xdist = 0 || !xdist = 1 ) && ( !ydist < -1 || !ydist > 1 )
  {
    event macro 3 0 right one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if !ydist < -1
  {
    event macro 3 0 back one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if !ydist > 1
  {
    event macro 3 0 forward one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
closex:
  if !xdist < -2
  {
    wait 25
    goto closex
  }
  if !xdist > 2
  {
    event macro 3 0 left one
    wait 25
    goto closex
  }

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 13, 2021, 01:26:38 PM »
I started running this script again and I am running into a problem.  After killing a serpent and the boat needs to move to make it lootable the script goes the opposite way of the corpse. for example if the boat needs to go backwards to loot, the script has the character say forward one and it just goes on endlessly going the wrong way. 

I am not sure how to fix the problem.  I don't know how to figure out if the problem lies in the script identifying the character XY or the dead body XY   It calculates the incorrect direction to go based on the location calculated on the comparison of the XY of the body/character.

I tried swapping the forward one/backward one commands in the sub but it did not fix it. It has to be something in the calculation of body/character location.  any help is appreciated.

here is the sub it is getting stuck in
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sub LootSerpent
  namespace push
  namespace local LS
  set !temptargetkindid #LTARGETKIND
  set !templtargetid #LTARGETID
  set !templobjectid #LOBJECTID
  set #LTARGETKIND 1
  finditem YFM G_10 ; locate a dead body
  if #FINDKIND = -1
  {
    namespace pop
    return
  }
  wait 2s
  finditem YFM G_10 ; locate a dead body again, first body may have changed.

event property #FINDID
  if serpent NOTIN #property ; be sure the located body is a serpent of some sort
  {
    ignoreitem #FINDID
    namespace pop
    return
  }
  set !presentserp #FINDID
  ignoreitem #FINDID
  set %deadserpcount %deadserpcount + 1
  set %totalserps %totalserps + 1
  menu set EUOStatus Serpent looting in progress...
  set !tempxxx #CHARPOSX
  set !tempyyy #CHARPOSY
closey:
  if !xdist = -1 && ( !ydist < -1 || !ydist > 1 )
  {
    event macro 3 0 left one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if ( !xdist = 0 || !xdist = 1 ) && ( !ydist < -1 || !ydist > 1 )
  {
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if !ydist < -1
  {
    event macro 3 0 back one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
  if !ydist > 1
  {
    event macro 3 0 forward one
    wait 25
    goto closey
  }
closex:
  if !xdist < -2
  {
    wait 25
    goto closex
  }
  if !xdist > 2
  {
    event macro 3 0 left one
    wait 25
    goto closex
  }

Sounds like your boat is facing the wrong direction.

Has to face north.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1121 on: September 13, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »

Sounds like your boat is facing the wrong direction.

Has to face north.
Yes, or you are trying to use ANYTHING but a small boat.  Small boat is a must.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline awicker0510

• Activity:
    0%
  • awicker0510 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 13, 2021, 02:05:37 PM »
I am using a small boat.  I grabbed a new boat and started it again.  Thanks for the quick reply.  This is by far the best Script out there.  Thanks for all your hard work.  Special thanks for the quick answer to my stupidity.  Have a great day.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:23:47 PM by awicker0510 »

Offline TrackStar

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 13, 2021, 02:17:45 PM »
Just has to be facing north when you start script.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1124 on: September 14, 2021, 10:34:28 AM »
Another script that amazes me that still works as well as it does after all these years.  I've only tweaked is a couple times since it was released.  Thankfully the UO devs haven't diddled with the fishing mechanics all that much over the years.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing