Author Topic: Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker  (Read 10486 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker
« on: June 30, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
+1
Checks to see what blacksmithing recipes you haven't learned and displays them.

To make GImlet Happy

8/29/21
Gaderian Modified the script for multiple tools and added more recipes. Uploading as Mwinc. Crafting Recipe Checker

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker.txt
Mwinc. Crafting Recipe Checker.txt
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:06:07 AM by manwinc »
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
Re: Mwinc. Blacksmith Recipe Checker
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »
+1
Obviously requires a blacksmithing tool in your backpack..... *Cries*
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:52:46 PM »
+1
If it helps, you've also made me happy.  Now, I need to download this before you pull a Twinkle McNugget.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 68
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +264
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »
+1
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Will play with it this weekend!

Thanks again!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    1%
  • Reputation Power: 153
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1343
  • Referrals: 32
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 08:23:19 AM »
+1
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And that would be a happy Gimlet!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
+1
Works Great! Thanks again!!!

Only 1 very minor thing if you ever do another version ever - we forgot a few axes (no big deal)

Thanks again!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:40 PM »
+1
O yeah its super easy coding. Just have to enter the tool type, category, page, selection, and it will return a value %false if the recipe is missing.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
+1
+1

Offline Crome969

• RebirthUO - Developer
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Crome969 might someday be someone...Crome969 might someday be someone...Crome969 might someday be someone...Crome969 might someday be someone...
  • StealthUO - Developer
  • Respect: +210
  • Referrals: 9
    • View Profile
    • RebirthUO - UO Freeshard
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:29 AM »
+1
O yeah its super easy coding. Just have to enter the tool type, category, page, selection, and it will return a value %false if the recipe is missing.
Good job, and easy to modify if something would be missed:)

Offline Tommy Boy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Tommy Boy has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »
+1
Wow, this script works really great.  It sucks looking thru for this manually.  Thanks.

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:48 AM »
+1
 ;D  ok, again my noobness is going to show but it is going to take me a few weeks to get thru all the material here!! hell, may take MONTHS!! i just DL'd this as soon as i saw it, haven't run it yet, but i actually tried to sit down and manually check my smithy for recipes. in a word, FKkkkkkkkkkkkkTHAT! :P that's like INSANE point & clicking! a sincere Thank You Manwinc for the script before i even run it! i'll let you know how it turns out. :)

Offline roadrunner

• Activity:
    0%
  • roadrunner has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:33 AM »
+1
 :o  Dude!  for real ?!?!?!  it took it 90 SECONDS!  a minute & half to flip thru and tell me i was missing ONE recipe!! (Luminous Rune Blade) i'll have to get on my t-hunter and get that one :P  i know i've thrown 50 of'em away since they added recipes to t-map loot because i didn't have this script to telll me i needed it !!!!

Awesome job Manwinc!!

Ease of Use: 10!!!   Works as Posted: 10!!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »
+1
Not a problem. Glad to hear it worked well for you.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 04:42:03 AM »
+1
And it still makes me happy!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.Crisis has a powerful will.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +190
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »
+1
MW, question for ya, on this line here:

Code: [Select]
set %False 206
out of this part:

Code: [Select]
set %False 206
set %Fletching_Tools UFG
set %String

What is the 206? does that look for "you have not learned this recipe" or does it have an entirely different purpose?

I am going through different scripts, reading them and trying to understand the flow and logic. I understand what set % False does but not sure what the 206 on the end does. I love your coding, it is simple to understand but very specific. Many times, I get lost in the logic or complexness of the code.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:33:09 AM by Crisis »

Tags: