Author Topic: The new killer warfork  (Read 5477 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
The new killer warfork
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »
I feel this warfork will be important in the next round of changes.  It really needs a hit spell or splintering weapon, but this sort of weapon will wreck people.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
PvP Warfork.jpg

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The new killer warfork
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
I don't remember seeing them fix Hit Fatigue in the publish notes... Used to not work in pvp
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 06:33:42 AM »
wat.

That's the worst thing I ever heard.  Clearly a PvP mod...what's the point of fatiguing a monster?  You're either going to kill it in 2 swings or you'll be fighting it for 20 minutes.  There is no in-between in UO anymore.  Not needed for the first type of fight, not effective in the second.

*grumbles off to find something else to sell*

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
When I first saw the proposed changes to stamina loss, I thought that there might actually be a use for fatigue weapons now.  Until they fix it though, all of the weapons I've pulled similar to the one you have posted all sit in a box. 

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:51 PM »
Last time I tested it Hit Fatigue was working as intended.   It should drain 20% of damage dealt every time the hit effect goes off, which it seemed to be doing.  I should re-test it though since now I believe all hit effects got a little graphic so you can tell they went off.  That will make it a lot easier to test since I won't have to take such a large average.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
it's working and it;s nasty

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
Splendid.  Once I finish this stupid professional course for work, I'm going to copy all my good fatigue weapons to TC and see how they work against live players.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Well... unless it's a macing weapon I'd say Hit Fatigue is pointless.   If I remember correctly macing weapons do roughly 3x the stamina damage that other weapon types did with pub 80 (not sure about pub 81).    I have played around with Hit Mana Drain though which is also 20% of dmg done & honestly if I crunched numbers correctly on a insanely hard hitting dexxer you can impose roughly a -1.0 Mana regen / sec assuming your hitting your target 50% of the time.   AI for 35 = 7 mana lost to Target etc.   Rock Wraith form and that same AI can leech 24% of dmg done ( @120 SS) + the 20% from Hit mana drain..... 0.44 x 35 dmg = ~15 Mana.. hehe ouch.

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
I'm not sure about PvP but for PvM I have yet to see any difference.  I made a 40SSI ornate with 50 Fatigue and 40 Mana drain which I used for a long while on Cora and nothing seemed to change with her SSI/hit chance or mana levels.  Disco'd and HLD so I would nail her often but I switched out the weapon for another with HLA and battle lust which both made a noticable difference with that specific "boss".
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »
Heh..  I personally like 4/6 120 ninja mirror image spam for tough Melee critters.  HLA is also key, but at 120 ninja I think you have a (Skill -30) % chance to divert to your image (90% to diverat @ 120 ninja).   Though I don't know if that's total or 90% for each image up.  The nice part is that if an attack is diverted to a mirror image it takes that monster out of war mode & most monsters have roughly a 6 second attack timer.   Spamming images means you can basically make quite a few melee monsters just sit there and not swing bc anytime they get diverted they take the normal 6 sec or so to retarget you.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »
Heh..  I personally like 4/6 120 ninja mirror image spam for tough Melee critters.  HLA is also key, but at 120 ninja I think you have a (Skill -30) % chance to divert to your image (90% to diverat @ 120 ninja).   Though I don't know if that's total or 90% for each image up.  The nice part is that if an attack is diverted to a mirror image it takes that monster out of war mode & most monsters have roughly a 6 second attack timer.   Spamming images means you can basically make quite a few melee monsters just sit there and not swing bc anytime they get diverted they take the normal 6 sec or so to retarget you.

Nice to know about the spamming of images and the delay before they can attack again !!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »
This is why I always ran wrestle on 95% of my mages.

-The OG Wrestle Parry Nox mage. (With proper DEX to compliment 120 Parry)

Also this could mark the return of my Bola Monkey and his max stam regen 175hp/115stam/125mana setup. :>

wrestle disarm, bola, eat my 4/6 chiv and attunement + pixies.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »
Going to be annoying to see pixies come back as the next killer template.  That happened when ML was released...

Sort of funny though.  Even I could PvP with pixies back then! 

All Kill
Hide
Wait
Repeat as necessary.

My kind of PvP.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:08 AM »
I don't know about pixies becoming more popular then they currently are but I do think a Dex character using crushing blow who's goal is to run you out of stamina will be possible.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »
I don't know about pixies becoming more popular then they currently are but I do think a Dex character using crushing blow who's goal is to run you out of stamina will be possible.

agreed!

Tags: