Author Topic: Iris2 client has come a long way  (Read 5969 times)

Offline redrum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • redrum has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Myxproxy
Re: Iris2 client has come a long way
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »
I think this client looks better then the new one their making...

Scrripty

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 12:30:27 PM »
I love that it's 3d but using the same 2d gumps and artwork for the menus... I wish EA would take a hint or two here. 

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
It's funny because the SA client switched and is now using the 2D art for the backpack.   However, somehow they screwed it up and it's now very fuzzy.  The IRIS2 client makes the pack items look crisp and clear.  I'd love to see the EA people ask the IRIS2 developers about how they made their pack items look so good.  The EA implementation sucks!!

In the SA client, the runebooks nearly blend into the backpack background.  yuck.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 02:17:23 PM »
It's funny because the SA client switched and is now using the 2D art for the backpack.   However, somehow they screwed it up and it's now very fuzzy.  The IRIS2 client makes the pack items look crisp and clear.  I'd love to see the EA people ask the IRIS2 developers about how they made their pack items look so good.  The EA implementation sucks!!

In the SA client, the runebooks nearly blend into the backpack background.  yuck.

I'm downloading it now, I'll give my impressions too! :)  I'm sure I'll hate it from all the comments so far, but I'll give it a fair shake. :)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
Well, keep in mind that it's a side project from several non-paid programmers.  With the last patch, I can't connect to Alexandria anymore. 

For a free and different alternative, it's quite impressive.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: