Author Topic: Fubar Numero Dos !!  (Read 2974 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Fubar Numero Dos !!
« on: November 11, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Fubar Numero Dos !!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »
Did the tail rotor hit something first or what?  I watched that a few times and I can't make out what hit first?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »
I had to watch it like 50 times myself but it appears the tail rotor grabed a wire and it was so quick that it then ripped the whole tail section loose from the heli.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 05:46:31 PM »
Ok, that makes sense why it seems the tail section seems to break away from the rest of the doomed copter.  What the heck was that pilot doing in that situation anyhow?  "Large whirling blades" and cables generally don't mix well unless you're making a carnival ride....
Come play RIFT with me!

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
The carnival rides usually let you off before they decide to take the ride apart :)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:10:07 PM »
Wow, I can't think of what they were trying to do but it clearly ended in fail.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »
If you watch from 0:09 to 0:11 a couple of times, you'll clearly see a dangling cable sweep from left to right (look for it against the white fuselage area above the open door) and the main rotor strikes it near 0:11.  The main rotor and engine mounting rips loose, and the tail folds under from the torque on the unsupported tail rotor axle.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/helicopter-crash-pilot-like-dream-4564078
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/rigger-defends-role-in-viaduct-helicopter-crash-4665258

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:42:55 AM »
Ah, that's it.  After watching it again, I also saw the pilot was nearly ejected from the cockpit!  I guess seatbelts are useful afterall!  lol

But that first video you posted was high enough resolution to see that dangling cable.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: