Author Topic: I feel slightly embarrassed...  (Read 2775 times)

Offline thessayaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thessaya has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
I feel slightly embarrassed...
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:10:18 AM »
because I'm fairly bad at introducing myself, but here goes!

Anyways, UO was my first mmo way back in the day (ye olde times before highspeed connections were a thing and you'd block your phone while playing games) and I got hooked on it. My parents were less thrilled about it all, school suffered quite a bit and eventually (after 2 years) they pulled a 'as long as you're living under our roof you have to..' on me.

That was the harsh and quick end to my UO fun (mostly spent in PvM and later almost exclusively on Siege) and now I'm back at it, 12 years later. Which is kind of crazy if I think about, in all this time I've probably played more than a dozen of new mmos and now here I am; killing earth elementals in Shame.

Oddly enough, the very first person I've met in UO is playing with me, while I pretty much lost contact with 95% of the people I used to play every other mmo with. So yeah, UO is a special game for me and most people who still bother with it I guess.

Today I'm in my late twenties, about to finish up with university. And because I don't want to fail that as I did with school, I could use the (ehh help?!) of some scripts, gotta save some time afterall!

Well that's it from me, thanks for reading  :P

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: I feel slightly embarrassed...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 08:42:33 AM »
Wait, what... you are killing earth elementals in Shame. Is that still possible? I had no idea. I thought that they took those out after the changes or at least beefed them up quite a bit.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
They are still on the first level and somewhat beefed up but you can still take a character with combat skills in the 70's to train as long as you have some healing or life leech. The first level is not so hard unless you go down that center passage which is overrun, seems like the earth elementals there have been doing it bunny-style.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:15:20 PM »
Yep, earth elementals are still alive and kicking. First visit to Shame was less than successful though, because I had no idea the dungeon had been revamped. Promptly lost my corpse and most of my stuff, the insurance system was not around either the last time I played.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
What shard are you playing? What is the template that you are running?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
Oh I'm fine now, that happened a few weeks ago. I'm playing a few different templates on DF and Europa and I don't think that'll happen again (at least not on level 1).

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Welcome to the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 06:55:59 PM »
Welcome !!

Offline scatty

• Activity:
    0%
  • scatty has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 12:15:15 AM »
Today I'm in my late twenties, about to finish up with university. And because I don't want to fail that as I did with school, I could use the (ehh help?!) of some scripts, gotta save some time afterall!

Oh no!  :o You did pick a dangerous time to start playing UO again!

Tags: