0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • timev has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hi All
« on: May 06, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
Hi all, I am a 14 yr vet and i run in a  small guild with Yardman and Xblade on alantic and pac shard. I am a crafter by trade enjoy all so much the thousands of times clicking in uo.  ;). I would like to educate myself in the art of not having carpal tunnel at the end of each day. And in the future I would like to be able to share what scripts I have written with others in the game and to be able to use there's. I like long walks on the beach besides playing uo.  ok, i will give a full intro to myself, Like I said above, I have played on pacific shard since the beginning of 2001, I love to do crafting, mainly tailoring and blacksmithing, I do have some chars that can fight, and I have used them to fight madusa and other monsters in the game. I have played solo most of my time in uo but recently, (one yr ago) I joined a guild and have participated with them ever since. My wife is a 26 yr old blonde with a smoking hot bod. We enjoy going out to dinner and playing uo together, we also enjoy going to movies and dancing. I initially was a machinest for 23 yrs and then went into truck driving over the road, but had to quit as it took me away from that smoking hot bod to much, so I retired last yr and now all is well in the family life and she is happy. The guild I am presently in does alot of vendoring and we are quite succesful at it on alantic shard, you cant miss our vendors as they are dressed in our colors of green and found in several luna vendor houses and the yew gate area. although i dont fight much anymore, I prefer to stick with crafting as it appeals to me. Further more, most everyone I have been friends with in uo are members of suo and have been trying for yrs to get me to sign up for it. I did sign up once before but lost all my info and hotmail was canceled on me so i had to try and start a new acct.
I enjoy playing uo because of all the interaction between players. I enjoy doing alot of different things in the game like fishing, mining, crafting, hunting and doing bank sitting and just talking with people. I now have friends that come from all walks of life and some living  far away as Australia and beyond.
Not to sure what else you want to know about me, I am a uo addict and plan on being that for many yrs hopefully.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:37:13 PM by timev »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »
Please take a look at the stickied intros and give it another shot, we like potential  members to put a little effort into their intros. Thanks
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline yardman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • yardman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:49:02 PM »
Um he is a guildie of mine. If endless and orich has a issue with his intro i might understand but i am a respected member of this community and feel his intro is just fine. He will be a huge asset to our community you dont even understand , give him a chance please.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:22:22 AM »
Um he is a guildie of mine. If endless and orich has a issue with his intro i might understand but i am a respected member of this community and feel his intro is just fine. He will be a huge asset to our community you dont even understand , give him a chance please.

SUO doesn't require much from it's members in exchange for the wealth of knowledge and plethora of awesome scripts. Timev is most likely a good person but it won't hurt to post more about himself to gain access to all that is available here. The mods and admins want members to be part of the community. It is a very small price to pay. I could be wrong but you are only showing 7 posts since you became a member in 2009. You joined in 2009, made your introduction in 2011, and have never posted in any thread other than New Member Introductions. Unless you have another account that I am unaware of, you have not really became an active member of our community yet you are asking for the mods and admins to wave the tiny requirement of an good introduction.

I personally invite Timev to make a good introduction. You can learn more about why it is required by reading this thread. http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=1683.0 After reading that, look at all the examples of a good introduction, edit yours and join our community.

Yard, I invite you to join in our conversations, and be an active member as well. A community is only as strong as it's members. I am in no ways perfect, I am a very newbie script writer but I am fairly active and give where I can. It doesn't matter if it is a guide, a script, answering questions, or even welcoming new members, everyone has something that they can offer SUO in return for everything SUO has to offer you. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, you caught me on a rough day.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 04:08:54 AM »
Timev seems like a nice guy but i agree with Crisis. Just a little effort in the introduction, takes maybe 5 minutes, can go a long way here on the forums :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »

I wonder what Orich have to do with this? He is not a Global Mod :)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »

7 posts and you are a respected member already...holy crap, what was I thinking, let me get you transferred up to Elite status. NOT!  I actually don't care if he is your father, Luke. He can add to his intro like I asked or remain on the restricted list. Please, don't try to tell me how to do my job, or how you are trying to go around me to endless or you can join him on the restricted list.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:58:21 AM by Toptwo »
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 08:44:03 AM »
This is the problem with everything being free on the interwebz.  We're not even charging anything, we don't bombard you with ads, we even keep all the text content fully visible and still people balk at a simple meaningful intro.  We'll even consider people who submit a script or two or perhaps a walk-thru guide.  The intros are supposed to be the "easy" way to see the attachments.  If your friend is a good guy, I'm sure he won't mind adding a bit to his intro.  It pleases us.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline yardman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 04:17:52 PM »
He has added to his intro so hopfully that helps. Further more I may not post on the forums much but i do interact with many of the people on this forum via other means i.e. ICQ teamspeak and Ventrilio I guess I consider my self more of a tester at times to help others tweak what they have. I dont have alot of time to actually code due to RL stuff but I do try to help tweak and actually am learning the art of working with current scripts, someday I may even be good enough to write one. Wasnt trying to step on toes but I have read alot worse intros TBH. In closing please reconsider his updated intro.

Thanks Yardman

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 04:39:14 PM »
And just like that, he's unrestricted!  :)

Sounds like Atl is kinda the prime place to play these days.  I wish I had PvPed more, but from what it sounds like, you have to know how to cheat to survive.  And as far as hot bods are concerned, pics or it didn't happen.  ;)  (jk)

Welcome!

(steals TopTwos thunder and unrestricts you)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline yardman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 04:52:59 PM »
Thanks Trail!!!!!!!!

And a Big Welcome to Tim

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
(steals TopTwos thunder and unrestricts you)

No thunder stolen TM. :)

Thanks for editing your post timev, and welcome to SUO.

But I am keeping my eye on yardman  :o

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 12:42:30 AM »
My wife is a 26 yr old blonde with a smoking hot bod

Could have just used these magic words from the get-go. Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 06:08:15 AM »
My wife is a 26 yr old blonde with a smoking hot bod

Could have just used these magic words from the get-go. Welcome aboard :)

Nah, we would have demanded pics...come to think of it PICS or it never happened!

Tags: