Author Topic: Stratics Hacked !!!!  (Read 3466 times)

Offline MasscreTopic starter

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Stratics Hacked !!!!
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:25:33 PM »
Stratics Has Been Hacked : The Stratics web server has been hacked for the second time this week. There is currently malicious code on their forum and possibly other locations. Do not visit any Stratics site. If you have, it is possible you have malicious code placed on your computer. Update your Microsoft Windows and anti-virus to the latest patch. This issue appears to mainly affect people using Internet Explorer 6.

For information relating to this please see uoguide's web site for details thank you and Mass out !!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Stratics Hacked !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
do phones get infected???

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
Update 1: Stratics has posted a message saying the hacker is still active and they don't have access to their own database yet.
This message will be updated when it is all clear.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 06:24:33 PM »
No clue on the cell phone but i would very much doubt it being a CE version of the browser.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 03:24:18 AM »
Goddamn scripters! It's all the scripters fault! If they banned scripting then Stratics wouldn't have gotten hacked and I'd have more sex!! I hate scripters!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 03:59:33 AM »
Goddamn scripters! It's all the scripters fault! If they banned scripting then Stratics wouldn't have gotten hacked and I'd have more sex!! I hate scripters!

X

That's exactly my feelings on this matter.

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »
Update 2: Stratics says it is now all clear, if you think you were affected you should seek assistance in cleaning your computer

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:35 PM »
Update 2: Stratics says it is now all clear, if you think you were affected you should seek assistance in cleaning your computer

So what you're saying is that we should take our computer to the Geek Squad? I bet it was those guys who did it as a way to get more business!!!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 03:14:45 PM »

So what you're saying is that we should take our computer to the Geek Squad? I bet it was those guys who did it as a way to get more business!!!

Is that what they are saying?  that our virus protection is not good enough

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »
I heard all the ex-VIP members work at geek squad now, and they wanted to continue owning UO players. LOL.

So when you take your computer into GeekSquad be prepared for this convo:

"Hey, do you remember ??? from this shard?"

"Yeah. He killed me about a million times."

"Yeah, that was me. So how can I fix your computer?"

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »

Is that what they are saying?  that our virus protection is not good enough

Virus protection is almost never good enough for new variants or any totally new virus. They have to be in the wild for a while before A/V makers code up the hooks to catch it.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »
I made a new virus.... It's called..... booty booty booty booty rock`n everywhere ! booty booty booty booty rock`n everywhere ! rock'n everywhere ! rock'n everywhere !

Offline HardY-

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • HardY- has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »
blah no one hacked its just an sql injection... they just added an iframe inside stractics with a banner. probably any nerd just found a new exploit on their forum system =)

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
LOL you are problably correct just tring to keep everyone informed for those just in case cases where it might have made a difference.

Tags: