Author Topic: Fishing and Luck?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline tgambit65Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • tgambit65 has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Fishing and Luck?
« on: April 12, 2011, 02:27:12 PM »
When I learned that the Dev's are using luck in finding salt peter in mining I wondered what effect it might have on fishing.

One thing I think I am seeing is a higher frequency of serps popping up than before adding a 1000+ luck suit. Save an actual test to see by fishing both ways I was wondering has anyone else noticed this?

I have heard from friends they think the quality of the fishing quests go up as well but, haven't done any since I added the luck.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing and Luck?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »
Unfortunately none of my fisherman wear any luck on their suits. I'll try and craft a suit just for kicks and see if there is indeed a difference and post results.

I highly doubt if it's true but it would be great if it was.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
Cool look forward to what you find

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 01:10:17 PM »
I threw 1220 Luck on one of my fisherman to test it out. What have I got to lose right?

Seeing as how the majority of my accounts are fishing anyways I thought it was worth it to test it out. I wish it were true but alas it's not.

I'm not seeing any increase in Serpents per Hour or drops rates for ASOS. TM's FaF'er keeps track of all the statistics and I'm sorry to report there is absolutely zero difference from those fisherman not wearing luck suits. :-[

MythBuster mission complete. 8)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »
I threw 1220 Luck on one of my fisherman to test it out. What have I got to lose right?

Seeing as how the majority of my accounts are fishing anyways I thought it was worth it to test it out. I wish it were true but alas it's not.

I'm not seeing any increase in Serpents per Hour or drops rates for ASOS. TM's FaF'er keeps track of all the statistics and I'm sorry to report there is absolutely zero difference from those fisherman not wearing luck suits. :-[

MythBuster mission complete. 8)

should somone get a littel yellow title: UO Myth Buster

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 02:04:11 PM »
Only if you spell it "Myth Buthter"
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile