Author Topic: Sorting, one item per chest rotation?  (Read 3123 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Sorting, one item per chest rotation?
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:41:12 AM »
Hey guys.

I thought I'd dust off some old helpful scripts and prep my house for halloween. Of course I got the bright idea of creating a smallish macro to make a sorting job easier and found the solution was escaping me(it's 5:20am, I blame lack of sleep, darned UO!).

Problem: Sorting rotation
Description: Moving stuff from backpack into storage chests but only 1 item per chest at a time. ie: 1 item in chest 1, next item in chest 2, next in 3 til the end then start over. I'm grabbing stacks and sorting into singles but that's not the problem, the rotation is the problem.

Is there a super simple way to rotate between chests starting with the first, then the next, then the next etc? Ideally I'd like to set my house chests into a %variable and have the drop progress through each in order so no chest gets two drops from the same stack in my pack.  Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:06:46 AM by Gemviper »

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Sorting, one item per chest rotation?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:50 AM »
/facepalm

#FINDINDEX

and on that note I'm off to bed, things take so much less time to figure out when you're less tired.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Sorting, one item per chest rotation?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 05:27:11 AM »
and on that note I'm off to bed, things take so much less time to figure out when you're less tired.

Indeed.  #FINDINDEX was something I didn't figure out until a bit later in my quest to script everything.  :)  I overutilized itemignore when iterating through items.  Now that does have a small benefit in that if you miss an item for whatever reason, you might still have a chance to re-evaluate.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:28:44 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: