Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 2195 times)

Offline periodTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • period has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:14:10 AM »
Hey guys, my name is Aaron. I'm new to this website, but not so new to UO. I first started playing in 1998, and have pretty much been addicted ever since. I've had to take breaks from time to time, but I always come back. Doesn't everyone?  :)

I have a lot of characters in UO, I still have 3 active accounts, so I'm not sure that anyone is interested in hearing my 20 million char names.. I originally started playing on Pacific, and was there for years. I'm serving in the military as a medic, and stationed overseas, so that made Pacific a little too laggy to play. I tried some of the european servers, Europa has been pretty fun! But it seems like most of the action is on Atlantic these days, so that's where I play the most. Even if it's a little laggy.

I love doing just about everything in the game! Except fishing, and plant growing.. But my favorites are pvp and crafting. I just kinda stumbled across this website from googling. I was just looking around to see if there were any other options besides easyuo. This website, the program, and the script options that I've seen all look really interesting! And I've read a few posts by some of the members here, and it seems like everyone is really helpful and friendly. It's exciting to know that there's still a community around in this old game!

I've been really interested in making my own scripts, and I would really like to give it a try. I have absolutely zero scripting experience, and have been trying, little by little, to learn how it works. Time is, unfortunately, my enemy though! The military takes up quite a lot of my time, and on top of that I'm working on my pre-med degree, so that I can go to medical school once I go back home. I'm hoping that once I get to know everyone, I can learn a lot from you guys and help to contribute!

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. Hopefully you'll see me again out there on the boards!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:32:12 AM »
Welcome to SUO! What branch of the military and where are ya stationed? I was Army and spent 4 years in Germany.

Offline periodTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • period has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 09:26:28 AM »
Yeah, same here - Army, been in 4 years now, spent most of it in Germany, but just recently got back from a tour in Afghanistan. It's great to be back!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »
welcome to the site!  There's lots of scripts around to help make your life a bit easier.

BTW, thanks for your service and welcome back!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:24:05 PM »
Welcome!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
Welcome to the site. There are a lot of friendly and experienced script writers here in a few different code languages. I'm sure as you ask around, you will find help and support!!!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 03:49:36 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO !!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 04:49:11 AM »
Welcome to ScriptUO period. And really, thank you for your service! Hope you find a good home here.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: