Author Topic: The END of EUO.  (Read 32307 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: The END of EUO.
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2010, 11:42:18 AM »
Owner of EasyUO project decided to stop supporting EasyUO and force switch to OpenEUO so its no longer possible to get data from vendoros until scripts that was scanning luna vendors will be rewritten for the new OpenEUO.

Search sites are all down. Must really suck for them.

This just in....

Added: Oct 14, 2010
We'll be back up today, do not fear shop owners and inhabitants of Britannia!

Which leaves us to ask the question... how?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2010, 11:52:15 AM »
Owner of EasyUO project decided to stop supporting EasyUO and force switch to OpenEUO so its no longer possible to get data from vendoros until scripts that was scanning luna vendors will be rewritten for the new OpenEUO.

This just in....

That shop can probably pay someone on a site like  scriptlance.com to go and write them a script or a program like EUO..  or have someone hack into the exe files and replace what is needed for it to work with the new patch..  there is a method to madness..  and those guys in India are good at what they do.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »

Isn't it obvious?? They've hired Chinese gamers who usually level and collect WoW gold for measly pay to run around and type it all in by hand!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
And if they can do it....
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2010, 12:00:54 PM »
Here's the thread I started about my possible future project: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6291.0

I'd like to see people's input/ideas and see if we could get a team working on building up a library that could actually implement client interaction! I am personally a huge fan of object-oriented programming as you'll be able to see from some of the sample code I sketched up off the top of my head. I'd like to hide a lot of repetitive coding within the library itself so that people can program at a "higher level". Being able to say:
Code: [Select]
Action.Move(Resource.Barbed_Leather,self.backpack,self.bankbox); //Move(Item, From, To)is a hell of a lot easier than:
Code: [Select]
set %barbed_leather XXX
event macro 8 7
msg $bank$
set %bankbox #contid
finditem %barbed_leather C_ , #backpackID
if (#findcnt > 0) {
for %i 1 #findindex {
exevent drag #findid #findstack
wait 20
exevent dropc %bankbox
wait 20
}
}

To me, it just makes more sense!

If that was the language Hell I might even be able to write a script or two. My brain literally short circuits when looking at some of the code for EasyUO. 10 lines of code with % and # in order to do one thing. I know it comes easy for some but other guys like myself just aren't wired that way. I wish it wasn't the case...

Offline cbrenan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cbrenan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »
Cheffe Posted at: Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 23:32

I have made up my mind. You value stability, I value progress. I have heard your opinion and understand your concerns. I am not willing to sacrifice two years of my work so you can have a good life. At this point it's either going to be me or you.

Keep in mind what it's all about: You don't want to be inconvenienced for a few weeks. If you think you should quit UO because of that then maybe you should.

I didnt realize...if you go back to the thread right after Cheffe made his major breakthrough and decided to take his ball and go home like any whiney baby...he did what any whiney baby would do...he locked the thread ROFLMAO!!!!!

This is hilarious, because without Cheffe, as people like TrailMyx would know (being he's one of the people that have been around in exploiting circles for numerous years) UO exploiting in general would be at a complete stand still.

Cheffe is the single most important figure to ever step foot into any programming/exploiting circles (edit: involving UO). I personally have worked with Tavu, Cheffe, Lord Anon, and every great mind since this games inception and Cheffe is far and above the most versatile and talented. To actually "lawl" because the guy who made your UO experience enjoyable for FREE for YEARS got tired of the laziness is appalling.

The funny thing is LUA is not a hard language, it's actually extremely easy to adapt to. But people are lazy and/or unskilled and would rather choose to complain because Cheffe took his ball and said "if you can't stop drooling on yourselves, I will make you a better bib. you just have to wait".

The cool thing in this is what it says on Ultimacodes.com , It's shut down and that guy was nothing but a credit card fraudster anyway so good to see him go.   SearchUO and FindUO will be up tonight, since they have said in the past that they don't utilize EasyUO.

Hopefully this kills alot of the less useful members of our gaming society.

here here :)

« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:27:42 PM by cbrenan »

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »

This was posted today on searchuo.com

I bet they are paying someone to crack it now. Only a matter of time before someone does it.

Offline cbrenan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cbrenan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2010, 12:33:23 PM »
SearchUO has said for years now that it doesn't use EUO, and everytime Ultimacodes is down SUO is normally up sooner... it's been like that for years.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2010, 06:17:21 PM »

This just in....

It is pretty clear to me they are using there own interpretor prolly kick off of easyuo.  To bad we cant get our hands on a copy of this.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
And they are now, infact, up and running as promised. They wern't about an hour ago, but they sure are now!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2010, 04:51:59 AM »
*Munch...munch...munch* the sound of many eating words....

Seems Cheffe finally begins to realize who his customer base is. Not the elite script writers, but the masses of script users.

All they want is something capable of running their scripts and they don't care what it is. So finish off the emulator, get OEUO working stable and THEN offer the two choices for a while prior to turning off the lights on EUO. That would be the proper way of doing this.

Hopefully the scripters who are supposed to be writing all these dll's and fundamental libraries will get off their butts and start putting these things together.

Quote from: Cheffe
Due to its success, EasyUO was eventually swarmed under by an influx of less knowledgeable users, turning our little community of makers into a community of users. This was deeply resented by many veterans, especially the dumb questions from people unable, unwilling or simply too lazy to learn how to script or in some cases even read and follow simple instructions. After a while, veteran scripters became so sick and tired and even outraged by the sheer stupidity of their users that they started to make their scripts truly foolproof. They did that not of their own free will but because they had no choice apart from keeping their scripts private

That quote explains Script UO completely.

But Lord do I want those days back when I could release a new feature and everyone was like HOLYSH*T! I cater to scripters, scripters cater to users. I never made this tool for you! And I'm sometimes completely surprised when total strangers start rioting when I'm only trying to improve the situation for my guys. And they used to complain a lot about the old EUO language. The Codename Alexandria project failed because of missing file and path support. There are so many examples. That's why I set out to revamp the system. I simply never expected to get so completely ignored and all my work rendered irrelevant. It's true, you never asked me to do this work. I know you think it's already perfect. BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU. It's about the scripters. Imagine there are people who enjoy scripting. The problem is they won't switch as long as all their users are still clinging to that relic. And I end up doing all the work myself without any kind of productive environment.

Finally understanding who he hurts and who he actually caters to. Laying blame directly where it belongs, on the scripters and not the users.

Some of you have suggested I should have given warning in advance. Well I did. In April. And I said users shouldn't worry as there'll be an emulator and everything ready for them. Which was basically begging to be ignored some more. Yesterday I was seriously considering whether I should give up, turning my back on EUO. I'm sure some of you would love that... how did it go: "Someone is going to update easyuo for you, dont worry, you will get either hack or someone close to you will leak the code and it will be another group, hopefully open that will keep it updated." Really can't see why anyone wouldn't like them leeches.

Yes, you promised an emulator... you lied. You held EUO hostage to try to get the emulator completed for a system that works about 80%.

Anyway, the situation right now seems to be productive, although in a very subdued manner. Should I accept the suggestion of updating EUO 1.5 one last time there's a chance things will slide back the way they were. On the other hand, if things would remain productive all the same then I'm torturing end users needlessly. Keep in mind, I already did this last April and it didn't work. So despite what I said yesterday I will update it for one last month to clear the air and simply hope it won't all go down the drain a second time.

Don't blame the users sucka... you take 100% away from them, they will be upset, no?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 05:20:10 AM by Cerveza »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:43 AM »
It actualy turns out that they way things have gone is probably a good way to light a fire under the transition he wants to happen by freaking everyone out, and then updating.  I have thought since the announcement that he would backtrack, but I don't think it was a diabolical plan.  I think Cheffe is too emotional about it to have planned it that way, but it has already proven effective.  People are engaging with the OEUO.  It really does look like a better language although it doesn't seem as easy to program.  Too bad he didn't see that he could have gotten the same result by communicating with the community, setting a time-line and sticking to it. That would have forced the change too, put him in a position to be respected and not cost him so much of the equity he has garnered over the years. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2010, 06:34:27 AM »
I posted up that huge finditem bear script for comparison. He said "there will be a script available to do 90% of that" meaning that someone, someday will write up a find script so all I have to do is call it with my parameters.

That's kind of like our Snippits here. At least thats how I wanted the Snippits to go. I wanted generic sub routines written for everything, then people just had to through in a gosub to use it and they could string them together into a fairly complicated script.

The problem with OEUO is that his scripters haven't come through. They have very few "snippits" available for people to use. People are caught in between waiting for these snippits and writing the full script themselves, and it's way too difficult for the average scripter.

The entire blame for the failing of OEUO thus far lies directly on the shoulders of the scripters over at EasyUO.com period. Well, ok.. maybe a solid 90% of the blame. Cheffe also should shoulder some of the blame because he's failed to provide them with a solid tool for them to use.

IMHO (humble... LOL) Cheffe needs to get OEUO working. He needs to work directly with the script writers so he can get feedback and input to make OEUO a solid product. THEN the script writers need to get off their butts and start coding up stuff. Drag/Drop, open, find, ignore, cast, ocr, etc... those types of things NEED to be in place before cutting the EUO cord. That and a working emulator so the old EUO scripts will work.

Then turn off EUO.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2010, 07:26:30 AM »
This is all good, but we can also be working on functions over here at SUO also and making our own fuctions and 'snippits' librairys also. These could actually be even better developed here. I had actually thought about a fuction set that would make old scripts work and run under lua. It would be a big project but is possble to make it work.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 08:08:36 AM »
Has anyone else paid attention to how much activity there's been in the Scriptuo.com OEUO section over the last three days? I'd have to say that Cheffe's approach, albeit drastic, has actually been reasonably effective.

Now I'm heading to the infamous Boves restaurant (Bobby Flay's favorite roasted garlic sauce) for a stomach ache and guaranteed afternoon nap on my desk.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: