Author Topic: What is the deal with x/y on Gumps? Why are they off?  (Read 6076 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
What is the deal with x/y on Gumps? Why are they off?
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »
Ok, I know the numbers to look for in SUO and EUO to find the x/y for a crafting gump.

But the numbers it gives me dont match up with other scripts out there, these numbers are an example...

x/y for makelast will be 120 / 450 in the script I am looking at, but when I compare with SUO/EUO it will come out as 90 / 500 or something weird.  Am I looking at things wrong?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
Re: What is the deal with x/y on Gumps? Why are they off?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »
Ok, I know the numbers to look for in SUO and EUO to find the x/y for a crafting gump.

But the numbers it gives me dont match up with other scripts out there, these numbers are an example...

x/y for makelast will be 120 / 450 in the script I am looking at, but when I compare with SUO/EUO it will come out as 90 / 500 or something weird.  Am I looking at things wrong?

Hi,

maybe I don't get this correct but to figure out the click position in any gump
I usually  open a crafing gump manually and move it to the 0/0 position
I just check the #ContPosX and #ContPosY to be both 0.

Now I can use the lower display line of EUO or #CURSORX #CURSORY to get the values.

Eg the SA Crafing Gump Make Last Button has a centre value of 280 / 450.

Maybe it was the offset .. of your Desktop Setting .. most people have the gray
Menue Line (Maps/Paperdoll...) on the top .. and so you usually end up with a
difference ... when you don't calculate the #ContPos out of your click position

cu

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
When you log in a character the crafting gumps all reset to their original position. I've seen some scripts that jusy put the container back at that default position and I've seen some that put it at 0 0.
I like what Manwinc does and just tells his clicker to click at contposx + xxx and contposy + yyy where tha click happens in the right place no matter where the gump pops up.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »
yea i figured it out thanks guys.

contpos xxx xxx then do my click areas.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 04:44:10 AM »
Thats not the optimal way of doing it Coragin.

The best way is to know the size of the container, then offset the clicks according to the containers size.

If you set the container to 0,0 and click a position on the screen, you'll eventually have a container move late, and you'll click the wrong spot. If you use the offsets, you just wait for the container to open, then without moving it you can click on the correct position.

I once had an excellent tutorial on this very subject. I'll see if I still have the pics saved.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline shooter66

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • shooter66 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »

I once had an excellent tutorial on this very subject. I'll see if I still have the pics saved.

Did you ever find the tutorial on this subject? I may need to look again but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
I found the original unedited pic... I know I have a modified one someplace, still looking.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Gump1.jpg
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline shooter66

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • shooter66 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Thanks a lot, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »
COragin i've got two subs I'll give you. One is Click offset, the other is waiting for a gump to open.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
Been reading up on this, trying to get  Kal's Fullautologin script to work on Easyuo. I got it running with raw clicks at first, then got the #cont nailed down. I want to try to understand this more though. His old sub was:

Code: [Select]
sub clickgreen
set %x #contposx + 61  
set %y #contposy + 456
click %x %y ; the green arrow
wait 5
return

Musta left my math at work. New cont size is 640_480 (adjusted already in script). Within that window, green arrow is 614, 446. So all I have to do is set the #contposx & #contposy + desired click location from easyuo lower window and off I go? Is it really that easy (punny  ;D)?

I got it working, but still scratching my head a little. Kal's fullautologin is (almost)fully operational! (researching the global var he put in there)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:56:31 PM by baldielocks »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 05:04:13 AM »
Cor, the two subs that MWinc mentions are in the version of your SUO Crafter that I uploaded into the thread per your instructions.  I didn't convert all of your weapon data, but I did convert Radiant Scimitar, and I think a couple of bows. I put it back up there for you to look at as seeing it in your script should make it pretty easy to understand.  Take a look. 

Also, in case you didn't catch it in the thread on another craft script or somewhere, Publish 65 changed a few gump sizes.  BOD books and the craft gump in included.  The Y coord on the Craft gump dropped from 507 to 497.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 09:30:00 AM »
So all I have to do is set the #contposx & #contposy + desired click location from easyuo lower window and off I go? Is it really that easy?
Yep, it absolutely is that easy.

;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Tags: