Author Topic: String playerName = "Jens aka yem";  (Read 927 times)

Offline yemTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • yem has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
String playerName = "Jens aka yem";
« on: October 19, 2023, 03:28:10 AM »
public class JensIntroduction {
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        String playerName = "Jens";
        String game = "Ultima Online";
        int startYear = 2003;
        String shard = "alternate-pk";

String introduction = String.format("Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the one and only %s, a veteran of the virtual realms in the world of %s. Jens, as he's fondly known, embarked on his digital odyssey back in %d, when the pixels were square and the dragons were pixelated blobs.\n\nIn those early days, Jens was a renegade on the %s shard, leaving a trail of chaos and turmoil wherever he went. He was the scourge of alternate realities, the terror of the virtual taverns, and the bane of pixelated bandits! You could say he had a knack for making ones and zeroes cry.\n\nBut time has a funny way of changing even the most notorious of avatars. Nowadays, Jens has mellowed out (just a smidge) and prefers to focus on taming virtual beasts and nurturing pixelated plants. The chaos of PvP has given way to the serenity of PvM, and the once-feared scourge is now a respected protector of the pixelated realm. Who would've thought, right? It's a brave new world, and Jens is adapting to it, one digital pet at a time.",
                playerName, game, startYear, shard);

System.out.println(introduction);
    }
}

Okay, to be fair, i kind of never ever used this language back in the good old days and i never understood those hardcore-RPG style guys, talking like its 1759...
But what i did, was participating in various guild fights or raids of the guild YaSuxx, im not sure if anybody remembers that :D
Ever since it was kind of allowed on that Shard using programs like UO Loop, Yoko Injection, ... to automate skill gain process. My first experience with scripting actually origins from Yoko Injection, what a great tool it was back then..
Right now its kind of an on-off relation between me and Ultima Online. There are new shards once in a while i keep trying, most of the time i like it and stay for a year or so, then either the shard closes or i just lose interest. Sounds pretty sad, but it isnt, i keep enjoying automating processes via scripts but often it just blows my mind as im not really a coder whatsoever.

Hope you guys have a great day, thank you for this forum, its a great place  :o
Jens

PS: i just saw this policeman  :police:  :police:  :police: and i love it.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: String playerName = "Jens aka yem";
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 09:28:38 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your expanded introduction - restricted status lifted - we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: String playerName = "Jens aka yem";
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 03:45:46 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: