Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32206 times)

Scrripty

Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
Sounds great! Hopefully some day I will achieve a status where I can see all the elite scripts.

JaF

You've released scripts here right?  I know I've seen some scripts you've done.  I was going to ask about about adding you to the project thread until you attacked my free version. :) hehe

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 11:50:27 AM »
lol :) yes i have released scripts.  And i honestly wasn't "attacking" it, as much as i was simply mistaken about your use of the word "free".  I thought you were implying that there was a better "paid" version... and in my opinion if that was the case then an attack would be warranted :)

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
lol :) yes i have released scripts.  And i honestly wasn't "attacking" it, as much as i was simply mistaken about your use of the word "free".  I thought you were implying that there was a better "paid" version... and in my opinion if that was the case then an attack would be warranted :)

JaF

EN takes gold/cash for scripts!  I should too now. :)  There's nothing wrong with that...  Get one mod to vouch for ya, and I'll ask TM to add you. :)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 12:04:36 PM »

JaF

EN takes gold/cash for scripts!  I should too now. :)  There's nothing wrong with that...  Get one mod to vouch for ya, and I'll ask TM to add you. :)
Ok, C2, TM..... Think I'm vouch worthy? lol

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »
EN takes gold/cash for scripts!  I should too now. :)  There's nothing wrong with that...  Get one mod to vouch for ya, and I'll ask TM to add you. :)

Id rather not get caught up in this discussion but my name was mentioned.. so ill clarify....

Yup I would take gold/cash for scripts if someone actually paid me ...  occasionally ive fixed some unnamed brokers usage of my scripts.. but the average man on the street dont/wont  pay me enough to do anything custom (not even the brokers) and if it was interesting id probably do it for the fun of it.  But Im a contract programmer/consultant by trade if a bit rusty at moment so thats what i do for a living or dying how ever you see it.. so 5mil gold will get you maybe a few mins of coding..   But hey as i said its my stock in trade so if you have a real dying need and dont mind emptying your wallet to get some quality work done then go ahead and pm me. Just dont be flooding these boards with it, as i personally come here for fun not work.

And i would say JustAnotherFace is vouch worthy .. i can rember back when he first started on his famous slayer spell book maker, some years back. I personally have never had a problem with JAF.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:35:06 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »

JaF

I DONT KNOW YOU, sheesh.  To me you're "just another face."  hehe oh man I crack myself up.  Just pm me your email and I'll send it to ya.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »

And i would say JustAnotherFace is vouch worthy .. i can rember back when he first started on his famous slayer spell book maker, some years back. I personally have never had a problem with JAF.

Thanks EN!  I appreciate that.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »

JaF

I DONT KNOW YOU, sheesh.  To me you're "just another face."  hehe oh man I crack myself up.  Just pm me your email and I'll send it to ya.

LOL!! I AM just another face.... in the crowd!  Thanks Twinkle McNugget, I will send you that PM.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2009, 01:35:05 PM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:37:26 PM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2009, 05:46:42 AM »
Alright, I'm considering a change, and doing something I haven't really seen before in a public script.  Optimizing monster searches using %_LastMonsterType and two lists %_TopTierHard and %_RegularCreatures.  What I was thinking, was searching first for %_TopTierHard creatures, then searching for %_LastMonsterType to maximize Enemy of One use.... then searching for regular creatures, but not updating EOO if it gets to that list... because normally they would be easier creatures that you wouldn't need to cast EOO for...?  Any thoughts on this?  While messing with EOO I wrote a tiny little script to check if the last monster was the same as the currently found monster type, and if it IS it leaves EOO alone, if it's not it sets the EOO timer to #sysTime - 1 so it recasts.  Works great, but when you are in a lot of spawn, I need a way for the script to choose which monsters to target selectively to maximize EOO and gold/damage use.  By searching for top tier first, then last monster type, then all the other creatures, that SHOULD help to alleviate any problems correct?  Anyone see any glaring problems with that logic? :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2009, 07:31:02 AM »
I did this with a doom auto provoke script I was working on. Worked pretty awesome I might add.

Code: [Select]
set %darkfather WO_
set %rottingcorpse VI_
set %lichlord EB_
set %mummy NI_
set %ghoul TI_
set %shade YD_
set %skel1 CF_
set %skel2 WE_
set %zombie ZC_
set %group1 _VI_EB_NI_;rotting corpse, lich lord, mummy
set %group2 _TI_YD_CF_WE_ZC_;ghoul, shade, skeletion 1 & 2, zombie
set %mobs %group1 , %group2

later in the script

sub priority
findItem %rottingcorpse
if #findKind <> -1
  {
   set %currentMOB #findid
   event ExMsg %currentMOB 3 0 Rotting Corpse
   return
  }
findItem %lichlord
if #findKind <> -1
  {
   set %currentMOB #findid
   event ExMsg %currentMOB 3 0 Liche Lord
   return
  }
findItem %mummy
if #findKind <> -1
  {
   set %currentMOB #findid
   event ExMsg %currentMOB 3 0 Mummy
   return
  }
findItem %group2
if #findKind <> -1
  {
   set %currentMOB #findid
   event ExMsg %currentMOB 3 0 Undead
   return
  }
return ; should never get this far.

It put who I was targetting above their heads for quick visual reference.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2009, 07:39:56 AM »
That's a good idea.  I'll use something to that effect.  You have any solid ways of handling monsters not in the type list?  #enemyid just doesn't cut it.  Maybe, if #findtype = -1 && #enemyid <> n/a?  Maybe reset #enemyid before the search, that way you KNOW you're being attacked by something not in your list?  Then set that as the currect target till it's dead and make sure it's visible?  I would love to find a good way to handle monsters not in the type list.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »
The only good method is one similar to the "Honor and Attack" stuff...

If #enemyID <> n/a then set %currentEnemy to #enemyID, then do a find + count to see if it's still there. Thats really the only way. There's no way to accurately use #enemyID because you'll get stuff targetting you from the other side of a wall or something and #enemyID will never change.

Maybe if EUO would make more use of the new targetting features, there would be a way to correctly identify what is attacking, what you are attacking and what's next on your targetting.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »
Twinkle McNugget,

Have been playing with the version that you sent me just a little.  So far it's working great!  I LOVE all the features!  This is truly an amazing PvM script!  Cant wait to see the finished version!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »
Twinkle McNugget,

Have been playing with the version that you sent me just a little.  So far it's working great!  I LOVE all the features!  This is truly an amazing PvM script!  Cant wait to see the finished version!

JaF

Yea when it's all working it works like a dream doesn't it?  I've since added BM's looter support, and it now seems to work well.  Next I'll add Claw support and put that on a dropdown menu with BM's looter. I also added recast of EOO if the monster type changes, and it's on a drop down selection with normal EOO.  Since it's very stable at the moment, I'm adding features again.  I do pushes where I tighten up how it works, then add more features.  Right now it's FEATURE CITY! :)  Next update should have a solid way of prioritizing monsters also.  I think I've settled on 3 lists.  Basically, easy, medium, hard type monsters.  And I'm going to have the script set itself up according to the lists.  So when it targets an "easy" level monster it will do one set of options on the menu, and if it switches to a hard monster, it will reset up for those...  It wont be perfect, but some general things will be able to be turned on/off.  This is mostly just a script for learning, not to be PERFECT.  So it will never get the polish of a "serious" script.  I have been considering doing monster type "templates."  Like a menu setup "template" and you tie that to a monster type.  So for peerless and such, you can just have it "presetup" when it finds that monster type.  Oh yea, working on timed divine fury, for people with high defense and low swing. 

Tags: