Author Topic: lock down stuff?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline floundaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flounda has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
lock down stuff?
« on: August 11, 2009, 06:10:30 AM »
I was wandering if it is possible to have a script that can lock all your stuff in place like spell buttons and open bags and what not?  And if so I would like to try and wright a script for it. Now this will be my first script and I am such a noob ill be reading the tutorial section about 5 more times just to get started. lol
Before I start I would like to hear your thoughts and or suggestions for this.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: lock down stuff?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
Am I reading right that you are considering a script that sets up your desktop for a character?

There are lots of gump set up snippets involved in various scripts out there to place your paper doll, bags, status and status bar.  Placing your spell icons is one that I have not seen, but that should not be impossible.  I should think that a modified version of a craft gump manipulator might allow a script to go through a spellbook and place spell icons.

A potential issue I see is that there are so many spells and templates that it might not be possible to write a script that did a setup that was universally usefull. It might be something you could put together, and then users could modify to create their own custom desktop template, and then re-create it accross all of their characters. I think it would not be a trivial script project because of all of the spell alternatives involved.  If you started with the rest of it you would learn a lot about screen setup at the very least.

An idea I see within your idea as being a potentially very powerful script would be one that pulled a spell icon(s) and placed it in a specific location(s). If you created a sub that would allow the user to specify five or six spells by selecting them from drop downs to be placed in a set of locations (like a cluster in the far lower left), this is something that a lot of scripts could incorporate as a sub.

You are not off the grid though, there are a couple of directions you could go with your idea.

Hope this is helpful,

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »

An idea I see within your idea as being a potentially very powerful script would be one that pulled a spell icon(s) and placed it in a specific location(s). If you created a sub that would allow the user to specify five or six spells by selecting them from drop downs to be placed in a set of locations (like a cluster in the far lower left), this is something that a lot of scripts could incorporate as a sub.

thank you  :D I think making the sub would be awesome so ill start with that.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 11:15:52 AM »
A good start for you would be to look at my spell icon manager.  It'll handle all the dragging and placing of icons for you.  You'll just have to modify it so you can place them wherever and remember where they should be.

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=65.0
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:03:11 PM »
Thanks  ;D  I will have all kinds of stupid questions for you soon!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
I will take a look too TM, maybe you have already made what I was thinking of...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline googlemybrains

• Activity:
    0%
  • googlemybrains has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile