Author Topic: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper  (Read 16018 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »
Hmm...as I sit here eating oreo cookie ice cream, I wonder:

Could it be as simple as: Move to A, scan for queen, move to B, scan, C, scan, event pathfind to queen?

Hmm...That almost seems too easy.  There is bound to be something that will block me...

:)

EDIT:  Nope, hardcoding that doesn't work.  The queen moves around too much and there are too many obstacles.  Plus, I don't actually need to get next to her....I just need her to be on the screen somewhere.

Maybe if I get rid of the event pathfind and just focus on getting her on the screen...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:46:38 PM by NObama »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:31 PM »
how about creating a pathfind loop that stops every 10squares and looks for the queen. Starts at spot x,y loops and ends back at x,y .. Below i wrote the code to find the queen just need Queen Type filled in .. and the x y z cords added in...

Code -->... http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2454.msg23643#msg23643

ps i didnt test this code wrote off the top of my head should be about 98% working thow.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:10:12 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »
Funny, that's exactly what I was struggling with.  You should see the hash of code I was trying to make work...like three times as long as what you just posted and completely non-functional.

Mixing this in...

EDIT:  EN, the code works.  I'm having trouble understanding how to generate movement when the queen isn't on the screen, but it successfully recognizes when she is.  I need to pick at your snippet until I understand...there is so much I still don't know.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:13:05 PM by NObama »

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 01:45:36 PM »
EN - Thanks again for your help last night.  I've adapted your on-the-fly railengine to overcome the significant terrain hurdles that were choking TMs rail tool.

I get within sight of the final ant hole before reaching the queens chamber, and the script gets stuck.  This is the routine I'm using to run from the first interior hole to the second.  I think there is a problem with the loopvalue getting reset...but I can't seem to overcome it.

Note:  The loopvalue > 10 line is needed to keep me from accidentally going back and forth between the same hole.

I was able to tweak the first leg of the rail to the first underground hole by changing the radius within which I was scanning for the hole.  Doesn't seem to be helping me out this time...still "Can't get there."

Code: [Select]
;--------------------------------------------------------------
sub ENs_FindHole2
  If %Hole2LoopValueMax = N/A
    gosub SetupHole2LoopValues
  set !holefound #False
  set !Loopvalue 0
  repeat
    gosub hole2move !loopvalue
    if !loopvalue > 10
    {
    gosub findhole2
    }
  until #result   ; hole found

; finish the loop.
;  repeat
;    gosub hole2move !loopvalue
;  Until !loopvalue >= %Hole2LoopValueMAx

wait 15
Return
Sub Hole2Move
    set !x %Hole2LoopValuex . %1
    set !y %Hole2LoopValuey . %1
    set !z %Hole2LoopValuez . %1
    set !Exit 20
    Repeat
      set !Exit !exit - 1
      event pathfind !x !y !z
      wait 1
    Until ( #Charposx = !x && #charposy = !y ) || !exit < 1
    set !loopvalue !loopValue + 1
    If !loopvalue >= %Hole2LoopValueMAx
      set !LoopValue 1
Return

sub SetupHole2LoopValues
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5812 2013 0
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5812 2007 2
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5812 1999 2
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5812 1989 2
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5812 1979 2
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5820 1971 4
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5829 1962 0
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5840 1951 4
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5850 1941 1
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5850 1930 4
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5860 1920 1
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5864 1911 1
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5873 1902 1
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5878 1897 1
  gosub AddHole2loopvalue  5880 1895 0
return

sub AddHole2LoopValue
  if %Hole2LoopValueMAx = N/A
     set %Hole2LoopValueMax 0
  set %Hole2LoopValueMax %Hole2LoopValueMax + 1
  set %Hole2LoopValuex . %Hole2LoopValueMax   %1
  set %Hole2LoopValuey . %Hole2LoopValueMax   %2
  set %Hole2LoopValuez . %Hole2LoopValueMax   %3
Return
sub FindHole2
  set #result #false
  finditem PUI_SUI_RVB G_5
  If #Findcnt > 0
    {
    set !exit 15
    Repeat
      finditem PUI_SUI_RVB G_5
      Event Pathfind #findx #findy #findz  ; the hole
      wait 1
      set !exit !exit -1
      finditem PUI_SUI_RVB G_2
    Until !exit < 1 || #findcnt > 0
    set #result #findcnt > 0
    }
Return #Result

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »
Wait!  On a whim, I tried *increasing* the scan radius to 15.  Worked once, going to see if I can repeat it.

EDIT: repeated flawlesslesslessly three times.  I can now get from anywhere (recallable) in sosaria to the Ant Queen.

Next:  Obtaining the quest and killing ants.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:50:04 PM by NObama »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 01:51:45 PM »
Pm me the script so far so i can look it over and steamline it a bit.. i forsee lots of repeated code that can be gotten rid of.

ps which ant hole should do you start at.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
In case anyone's following our progress, we're darn near done.  One last subroutine (an easy one, frankly) and then some bug squashing and optimization.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »
Since they fixed the 'Bag of Sending', I have used the BOS so many times now.  My latest place is in the Primeval Lich Champ Spawn Area.  when I find some bones and return them to their Grave and it's Ghost gives me the reward, that gets sent to the bank immediately with my BOS.  First time I was running around the Spawn area with some rewards in my backpack, some friendly reds came up and asked me to empty my backpack.  Now it does not have those rewards in it at least.

Other ways I have used it are sending silver to the bank while farming, sending an artifact to the bank while fighting, sending a stack of imbuing ingredients that were a 'pain in the arse' to get.  So much cheaper than Insurance!

This is a great script idea and would love to help in any way that I can.  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 01:59:03 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:34 PM »
Can you elaborate on the grave/bones thing from the Lich spawn?  Do you find the bones on the ground, or are they loot?

Scrripty

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »
Can you elaborate on the grave/bones thing from the Lich spawn?  Do you find the bones on the ground, or are they loot?

I use my pvm dexer a TON to farm items.  I've been considering writing this script for a while now, so if you guys need help, pm/email me some code. :)  Otherwise I'm putting in my dibs for a final version please!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »
Twinkle McNugget, we're basically done, minus one minor pathfinding routine that neither one of us have had the time to write.  I imagine this will work it's way to the elite section, once we bug test.

Scrripty

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »
Twinkle McNugget, we're basically done, minus one minor pathfinding routine that neither one of us have had the time to write.  I imagine this will work it's way to the elite section, once we bug test.

Yea, please don't release this one.  Keep it private, and let me in. :)  I'll trade ya pvm dexer access. haha

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 12:04:08 PM »

I have played with this and it works very nicely.  The rails are smooth and it seems to find the Queen each time with no problems now.  I would also like to put in my dibs for a copy of the final release.  I use so much powder that I need to go on at least every other week or every week to do the Quest running around the Ant Caverns farming all those little purple 'Zoogi Fungus'.

To answer your question, NObama: What happens is this.  Soon after the Champ Altar is popped, there is a random chance that a set of bones lying in the area will be highlightable with a red tinge.  If you look at the bones, there will be a bane in them.  Pick them up and find its matching Gravestone and double click the dirt in front of its Gravestone.  A Ghost will appear thanking you for returning its bones to its gravesite with a random gift (a Soul Gem, which I have no idea its current function or use, a bag of gems, a bone container, etc.) Some Gravestones will also be highlightable so you know that they are in play.  After the spawn gets to the 5th Candle, then there will be a set of bones somewhere in the Area to pick up.  I have seen as many as 5 sets of bones during a spawn...

Hope this helps...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
Nobama Ill probably be able to get to working on this one tommorrow.. if your around... :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 04:01:32 PM »
Excellent EN!  I'm chomping at the bit to run this...endlessly...

Tags: