Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer
« on: August 29, 2012, 07:17:02 AM »
Letter from the Producer

Hello everyone,
There is a lot going on in UO, so let me tell you all about it.   First, there is Publish 78 which is on its way to all shards soon. We  have revised Despise, placed the artifacts on Siege only on Cora and  level 3 in Covetous, relocated some of the monsters everyone is missing  in other areas, and for the younger players we have earth elementals and  more! The Anniversary rewards will be given out starting the month of  September. As some of you know the Harpsichord is among one of the  items; additional music can be found on monsters in Ter Mur. We have  removed the Bless deed and added a Steward to the list, since this is an  ongoing clean-up system we will be changing out items on it from time  to time. Remember nothing is gone forever *grins*.
We have already started working on Publish 79! I am sure everyone  will be happy to know we are working on a method to distribute the  Scroll of Valiant Commendation. We have come up with new seasonal  content for Halloween and added a few new items to the pumpkin patches,  so have fun and remember to visit your graveyards *evil laugh*. For this  publish we are getting Christmas gifts and Veteran rewards put in so I  hope everyone enjoys what we have come up with. Yes, sneak peeks will  come later!
As everyone is aware we are quickly come up on our 15th year  Anniversary. To start celebrating this we are bringing back Return to  Britannia for the whole month of September. I hope to see old friends  and new ones! Let me go ahead and assure everyone that they cannot place  houses (see we have learned from past mistakes =P).
I have received a lot of emails regarding the Party here in Fairfax  on the September 29th, everyone that has written in so far has a  reserved slot already. We have a block of rooms reserved for you at a  discount rate if you will be spending the night. Here is the link to the motel. I will be posting an agenda for everyone soon on the Herald.
If you want to enter our writing contest announced on the Herald (we  love to read how creative our players are), please send them to your  EM’s so they can compile all the entries and send them to me.  I will be  sending them to the judges without names on them to avoid concerns  about favoritism.  The judges will be one person from the Japan team,  one from the community team, EM team as a whole (EM’s will not vote on  the shard they work on),  Petra from Stratics, a mystery judge, and  myself.  Please remember it has to be between 250 and 500 words, the  ones I have gotten directly have fallen a little sly of the  requirements.  I look forward to reading all your memories!
Last but not least I wanted to tell you what we will be working on  after Christmas.  Publish 80 is going to be a bug fix as I promised.   All we are going to be working on for this publish is bugs, both our  team and the Japan team are all looking forward to being able to take a  breath and fix as many bugs as we possibly can for this publish. Misk  has been going thru the Stratics boards and looking for open issues that  are not written up.  If you do write a bug please give details so we  can reproduce the issue.  The whole team is really looking forward to  this as much as I am sure most of you are.  Will be nice to get the most  pressing bugs off our plates!!
Now for the exciting part of the letter.  Remember what you are going  to read after this is not written in stone….*takes a deep breath*  This  is a list of things we have been talking and brainstorming about:

Vendor search
High Res Art
New Art pieces such as new furniture ( if we don’t break the new artist to much maybe even new armor and new monsters/tameables)
New Paperdoll  (time to change the diapers)
New tasteful hues on tameables other than cu sidhes
Enhanced UI Improvements for EC client
Currency Conversion (gold would be on character/account, no checks)
Revising UO Armor to make all types useful again
Revising pet slots
Pet Revamp
Chaos/Order and doing away with factions
Reworking champ spawns (improving mobs, loot etc)
Add new items to fishing and fishing quest rewards
New sea creatures and encounters
New wearable’s for both male and female
Working closer with Stratics to streamline the search  to help  filter out duplicate questions so the team can address some of the  player questions weekly
Meer/Juka Loyality quests
Battleground shard

So my friends this is what the team has worked on, is working on and  wants to work on in the future.  I will be putting up some sneak peeks  to finish out what Jeff started in his letter to you guys so see if you  can guess what the puzzle is.  I know everyone will have a lot of  questions, especially about the last list.  When we make our decision as  to what we are going to work on each publish I will give you guys a  heads up.  Thank you for reading this and if your coming to Virginia.   Please have a safe trip!  I will be putting up an agenda of what we are  going to do and what you can expect of the day soon, so please keep an  eye open for that.

This is the second piece of the puzzle… good luck!

Thank you everyone!
Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer UO

http://www.uoherald.com/node/685

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +767
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »
umm NO Gold Checks ... ummm... well hopefully they will not restrict the free flowing of gold from player to player account to account etc....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +2997
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 09:20:12 AM »
What's this about currency conversion?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »
I think they're trying to curb gold sellers and end checks by making gold char/account bound. I don't see anything but trouble coming from this.

But Order/Chaos coming back?!! I'm excited!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +2997
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:30:51 AM »
Wow, that would be the final nail in the UO coffin if that happens.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »
I may be wrong. It's possible they would make it where you can xfer a massive amount (more than 125 checks) to someone but i highly doubt they would do anything that actually helped. lol.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 09:57:50 AM »
I think I like the idea of having all your gold loaded onto the account so that any character on the account can access it without having to bounce back and forth to get to it.  Would make dealing with large transactions a lot easier as well.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
WHY WONT THEY LEAVE FACTIONS ALONE?!

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +312
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »
Wow, that would be the final nail in the UO coffin if that happens.

Chaos/Order?

That was when PvP was at it's all time best.

It's a much better system.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +312
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
Getting rid of checks?!  This should be interesting.  In the Chinese curse sort of way.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +767
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 05:38:45 AM »
Getting rid of checks?!  This should be interesting.  In the Chinese curse sort of way.

So i will no longer be able to display my wealth by stacking 100's of millions on the floor of my house...  dam it now im going to actually decorate thats not right
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +786
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »
I wonder if they mean you would have a command or gump that would show how much gold you have, and a method for transferring it?

me > /money
You have 12,443,230 gold

me > /epay TrailMyx 50,000
You have sent 50,000 gold to user TrailMyx

(both minecraft commands lol, my son's been playing it)
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: