Author Topic: Perhaps a future new member :)  (Read 2433 times)

Offline damj.netTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • damj.net has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Perhaps a future new member :)
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:00:33 PM »
Hi everyone !

DamJ.NeT here, been an UO player for quite a long time now. I remember when I first tried the game, and got owned badly by a rabbit... I was 13 back then, and this game was so appealing to me, but I was not good enough in english (not my natural), and too young to really get into it... So I sticked with other more noob friendly mmos (if you can call the other mmos back then friendly)

Eventually I came back on it later, when I found out that you could run private shards. Joined a RP shard, called Last prophecy. Made a crafter, and really had good time.

Tried other ones, mostly bad ones with tons of crap added to them.

1rst decent one was ABCUO. That one really got me into UO, where I learnt a lot about skills, mobs etc. Being a no skillcap shard, it was easy to discover most of it. I got bored due to lack of friends/guild. Playing a mmo and feeling alone doesnt seem right to me. Also imbuing was coming and I didnt feel like learning all that new stuff and bearing with my not so good suit becoming crap.

And now, I'm on PandoraUO. Amazing shard, with amazing staff. They're really doing a great job of creating a unique experience. As usual, I began there a year ago, and went into sleep mode after some months. And now I'm back :D

That's my UO story, I never stayer on it for a super long time straight, but I always come back to it. Bought GW2 like 2 weeks ago, but when you played UO, on every other MMO it lacks something. The thrill from going on felluca facet, the various strategies you can use in PVM/PVP, the humongous crafting/housebuilding, the taming, the... Well, that game is so huge it will never stop, I really hope so. So when I'll be 80 yo, I'll still be playing it my way. With long pauses, and long hours of fun when I'm sucked by it's world.

Discovered EUO a while ago, the scripts are invaluable tools for a player. Mainly for training skills for my part, but also crafting and IDOCs. And I found your site right now looking for some new scripts. Seems a great community here. Unfortunatly, I can't script myself, wich in other way is good, because otherwise I wouldnt need to come here and say HELLO !

DamJ.NeT

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +316
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps a future new member :)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
Welcome to ScriptUO!

Thanks for the great introduction!

Does PandoraUO have any features that aren't on the OSI Shards?

It seems many of the free shards come up cool and creative stuff that isn't on OSI shards.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
Well since it is a no skillcap shard, you cant be 120 in every skills. So monsters are stronger :)
I think imbuing is slightly different too, you can get better stuff.
Otherwise, special money. Ocean coins, Pandora coins from special mobs. With it you can get special items. Same with pvpcoins.
Unique artifacts, and I think they're one of the only shard nearly up to date with OSI high seas etc. Well just google it and look their features :)

But tbh, I don't play on OSI shards so I couldnt tell the obvious differences.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +655
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +390
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »
Welcome to scriptuo.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32:36 AM »
Thx guys !

Nice avatar Masscre... Not the first one of that kind I saw here  ;D

Offline Cooms

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cooms has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »
Welcome to the community!! :)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +396
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »
Welcome to the site!  Thx for stopping in and introducing yourself

The way the rewards work on the free shard sound very interesting.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »
Np it's a pleasure, always fun to meet UO lovers :)

And I did a BIG mistake. I said you "can't" be 120 everywhere. Well no skillcap so obviously you CAN. aha

(masscre changed his avatar also :D)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +189
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
Welcome!!

Tags: