Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2158 times)

Offline msb91980Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • msb91980 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
I have returned to the game after a long break, a lot of surgical procedures, and a lot of physical rehabilitation. I had an account here at one time (msb9380) but I seem to not remember my password, nor can I access the Yahoo email address that was registered to the site. I have copy/pasted my original introduction post so that someone may remember who I am from when I joined this great site.

Copy/Pasted Intro follows
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone, I am somewhat new to this site( been registered a while, but never took the time to introduce myself or any of that), and very new to the whole scripting aspect. I have been playing off and on since 1998 and this is my most recent return to UO. I play UO on OSI shards, mostly Catskills. I had never used these types of scripts up until a month or so ago when a guildmate told me about them over ventrilo. While in Iraq in 2007, our vehicle rolled over the top of an IED that was buried about 6 feet deep in the ground, and from that blast I have almost totally lost use of my left arm, so ANY of these script ideas are HUGE HUGE improvements to how I am currently playing the game. I had considered finally giving up until I saw this, and with this I think I may be able to continue playing.
To everyone who knows how to write scripts, my hat is off to you, thank you for all of your work and time to make this game better.

Wow that took forever to type.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty much everything in the above post is still current and correct, although my usage of my arm has gotten signifigantly better. I can now hold a cup of coffee without wearing it. I hope this posting is acceptable, I truly enjoyed being a part of this site even though I rarely spoke up. I learned a great deal from the other members just by reading and trying to do things on my own.

I have been tinkering with new templates instead of the pure hack and slashers, and pure crafters since my last operation and I must say the sammy/whammy are my favorites. Without the use of my left arm I dont think I could have ever given those a good try, although I have a tamer that I thoroughly enjoy now as well!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:03:45 AM by msb91980 »

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +316
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 01:02:01 PM »
Welcome back msb91980!

Good to hear your getting back and back enjoying UO.

Lots of good sampire/whammy threads on this site worth reading when you get a chance.

Enjoy the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +655
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
Welcome!

Offline msb91980Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • msb91980 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
Thank you guys for the re-welcome lol! Hope to try to contribute soon!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +390
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »
My hat is off to Mate for this great intro that you typed and typed with one hand. This is also a great example to all those lazy one line wonders that tend to post here. I think this would be a great pegged post if the other lazy people would read it but i doubt they would even do that. But back on track thank you for your service and glad to here the therapy is coming along well and yes I remember when you posted back several several months ago.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +786
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 08:10:21 PM »
welcome to scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +396
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:46 AM »
Welcome back to the site and congrats on your progress in healing. 

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:46:24 AM »
ehehe...healing is a very good thing :) Welcome back to the game. Breaks are always needed and love to see people making their way back to the UO world :)
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Tags: