Author Topic: Veteran looking for crafting assistance  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Jal_NoonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jal_Noon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Veteran looking for crafting assistance
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
Hi all. Second attempt at an intro here, since the first one was obviously lacking. I started playing this game back right after Renaissance was released. Worked for years to build my first character, who eventually became a 7x GM LJ warrior. I remember the countless nights of guild magic resist training... sitting on a boat, x-healing while 4-5 mages constantly cast daemons to target us. The golden days of UO, when it was all about community. I sure put alot of heart into that character. I still remember the names of my Guildmasters, the location of several guild houses, etc. Crazy how some of that stuff sticks with you.

The game today is nothing like it was back then, but I find enjoyment in many ways still. My current addiction is in suit building. I am attempting to put together the perfect suit on a production shard, but am getting a bit sick of the grind. I've been spending hours upon hours crafting woodland armor, hoping for the perfect resistances. If I do get lucky and find one, I usually get a bad reforge or enhance, and have to start right over. I came across this website while looking for help. I have used easyuo in the past, but their script library is nothing like the one here. If I am accepted as a member, I will put these scripts to use in alleviating much of the grind of the game. In doing so, I hope I will be able to spend my limited play time doing the more enjoyable activities UO has to offer.

Thanks for the read

Jal_Noon

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +193
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Veteran looking for crafting assistance
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:29:55 AM »
Thanks for the second try at a intro, this one reads much better...welcome to SUO, restricted status is lifted.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Online gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +623
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 06:01:41 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Jal_NoonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jal_Noon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:06:45 AM »
Thanks guys. Gonna get to work with a crafting script asap!

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
Agreed! The game is nothing like it use to be. Sad in a way, but i still enjoy crafting :) I use to make suits out of val for like 1k or less. Now I make 500m suits lol. Strange how that works out =) welcome to the site my friend :)
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +158
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 09:07:44 AM »
welcome, be sure to abuse the search button!  Be sure to post results of your suit, i am interested in seeing it!
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +78
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:31:41 AM »
Well if your trying to build the perfect Woodland suit just realize that's A LOT of lumberjacking.  If I remember correctly when I was doing that I'd fill up my lumberjacks backpack so that only enough weight remained for "special" resources (parasitic Fungi, Bark Fragments, Luminescent plants etc) to be harvested from the tree.  In this way I spent alot longer just chopping chopping chopping at the tree until resource square hit it's limit, but it was all in special resources intead of logs.   Anyway lot of Bark Fragments required for making hard to get resist combos on woodland armor.  There's a few scripts floating around that can help you with the crafting portion though.

Good luck!

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
also, a good thing to always have available is a woodworker's bench. It will save you millions in the long run. You can get these on www.uoresources.com
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Tags: