Author Topic: My UO Journey  (Read 2634 times)

Offline PontifusTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Pontifus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My UO Journey
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:19:47 AM »
Hello Fellow UO Fans,

I am a returning player from many years ago.  I played on Atlantic and Chesapeake when there was only one land (no Tram).  I can remember the excitement I felt the first time a killed a lich south of Yew!   I played, and played, and played, right on through till the advent of Samurai.  I left because the game became too complicated for my tastes and Fel became a ghost town.  I mean how is a self-respecting bank thief...er innocent bystander, supposed to make a living if no one is around.

So bottom line, I am back on a Fel only, UO:R free shard, much older and hopefully wiser.  I am looking for ways the leverage my limited playing time to do all those things I wanted to do the first time around, but never got to.  For example, I have a bard/tamer for the first time and find it quite fun.  I want to actually make a GM level crafter,  a Roxxors PvP'er and a Sailor to see the world. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My UO Journey
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
Welcome aboard :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
I remember the first time I encountered the liches in Yew.  They scared the crap out of me because I wasn't used to being swarmed by creatures like them.  Ah, memories!  Welcome
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »
Thank you for inviting me in.  I seem to have Newbie status and was wondering what that status allows me to view.  I can not yet see the scripts and being IT challenged, wanted to make sure I was not missing something simple. 

Also, this may be a dumb question, but what programs do these scripts work with?  EasyUO only? or say with Razor or UOSteam.  Not trying to be funny, EasyUO is not "allowed" on my server.

Thank you for your time.

Pontifus

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 04:32:11 PM »
Just look at the first post in each one of the threads where a script is.  You should be able to see post attachments now.

Here's an example:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=17.msg17#msg17
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »
Thank you.  I can see it now.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 05:05:42 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
Welcome to the site.Welcome to the site.Welcome to the site.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 04:57:14 AM »
Also, this may be a dumb question, but what programs do these scripts work with?  EasyUO only? or say with Razor or UOSteam.  Not trying to be funny, EasyUO is not "allowed" on my server.

Well most of the scripts are Easyuo.  But we also have steam, uosteam script here as well.

Easyuo has never been allowed on my server either (offical shards) .. but I have never let that stop me.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: