Author Topic: Intro Post  (Read 1620 times)

Offline jack-0Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jack-0 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Intro Post
« on: March 02, 2015, 05:22:44 AM »
Hi there,
I just registered, but I've played UO from 2002-2008 then took a break, played some WoW, freeshards, had a go at making my own free shard for a couple of years.. then more WoW, ESO, and finally back to EA/OSI UO.  Europa is my home shard but I'm looking at Atlantic as well.  After quite some struggle trying to remember usernames and passwords and some help requests too, I've been able to recover all three of my old accounts xD.  I mostly play dexxers and I think my favourite build ever was the bush/nox/ninja before they introduced the tactics requirement to perform weapon special moves and all those hiding and stealth checks for deathstrike to do decent damage (I think that was down to that idiot developer Leurocian, I remember I hate his name for some reason...)

I first started using scripts about 2 years into playing UO and from then on I've learnt a bit here and there and can write my own basic scripts.  The first I've worked on since my return are a couple of basic looting scripts to grab absolutely everything so that I can unravel it to train imbuing!  That said I'm pretty rusty and always eager to look at other people's code to learn from that and see how they do things.

Last week a house that was placed on my old plot when it collapsed when I stopped playing OSI decayed and collapsed, I was able to place a little 7x7 to prevent anyone else placing on top of it.  The reason for me registering today is so that I can look at a few idoc-related scripts and learn how they handle house placement - I don't want to risk anyone else coming along and placing something whilst I tussle with the UO placement tool and I'm having an absolute nightmare with the ghost house footprint hovering several tiles away from the cursor and making it hard to judge placements.

I'm off work at the moment whilst I recover from an operation so I have some time on my hands to get back into UO and scripting :)

Thanks for reading,

Jack

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Intro Post
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 07:23:58 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted

Welcome!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:24:36 AM »
Id use the UO resize command!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
Practice on the test center for house placement..
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:09:30 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

On your house sign, there should be a part to click to resize your house. You have 1 hour to resize and no one else can place during that time. The quicker the better but it demolishes the house and anything in it so make sure it is an empty plot before trying this. http://uo2.stratics.com/homes-and-decorations/the-homeowners-guide/resizing-your-house

Offline jack-0Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jack-0 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 04:51:56 AM »
Wow Gimlet, Crisis I had no idea that command existed!  I spent ages on test centre working out the largest plot I could place and then wrote these 4 lines in EUO to make sure I placed correctly on Europa within seconds of dropping the 7x7:
set #lTargetX xxxx
set #lTargetY xxxx

set #lTargetKind 2
event Macro 22

Worked like a charm :)

Tags: