Author Topic: Little introduction about myself.  (Read 2401 times)

Offline MugsTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mugs has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Little introduction about myself.
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:24:13 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is Murilo but everyone I know call me by my nickname Mugs.
I am from Brazil and I am 30 years old and first I would like to apologize if my English is not 100%.

I started to play UO back in 97, at that time I used a dial up connection and my ping was around 600-700, I remember that I did not felt the lag, because I didn't know how it was to play lag-free.
I was just a child when I the game arrived in my country and I remember that I used all my money to buy the game and when it arrived in my country, there was a tax and I did not had the money to pay it, so I had to wait a few months to get the money from my relatives and pay the tax. After I got the game I was all ready to play, installed and created my account, that was the time I discovered I had to pay a monthly fee to pay and I didn't had a job or an international credit card, so all my hopes were down. At my birthday my father allowed me to use his credit card to pay for the monthly fee so I finally got to play the game. I was such a noob, my english skills at the time were close to zero, I had no idea what I was doing, but that made me take the decision to learn english.

I started as a miner at minoc, I don't remember which shard I stared playing, but I remember that most of my days were on Chesapeake.
The life of a miner wasn't easy at minoc, there were a lot of pks, thiefs and noto-pks at the mines, everytime you got some ingots it was best to go to the bank and save them.
After sometime I started selling my ingots, at the bank a lot of people bought ingots from the miners to work on blacksmith, blacksmith was an expensive profession at that time...

After a few weeks playing as safe as I could on minoc mines I decided to take some adventure, I decided I was going to go from Minoc to Vesper. I opened my real life UO map, placed my valuable stuff at the bank and I was ready to go. I remember I had around 15k gold, I was feeling rich. I started heading out NE of minoc, I went through a bridge and was on the road on my way to Vesper. I was on foot and not long after I left I meet two guys on horses and long story short the killed me with a few spells. As soon as I died a gump popped on the screen, asking me to put some value and click ok, as my English was really bad I just inserted the maximum value it was possible and clicked ok. I was really sad I got pked but at the same time my heartbeat was really high, that was the most exciting thing that happened since I started playing!
I went back to Minoc to get ressed and stopped at the bank, when I got there all my money was gone! I couldn't understand what happened, I tried to call a GM but I didn't know how to explain in English what happned so I wrote in Portuguese and I never got a response. When I went to bed that day, I couldn't sleep, how my money dissapeared? It was only then I realized what a bounty was... I had put all my money in bounty for that player head... That game taking my sleep, that what changed my life, and after that day, UO would never leave my life.

After some time playing and studying English I was a real player, I had a lot of friends in game, my ICQ was crawded, I was killing hard stuff, I was pvping, and with pvp I meet my first UO assistant, UOExtreme if I remember right.

That changed the way I saw the game, the way I did my macros... I realized that was just the beggining of the third-party applications....
I then meet a lot macro programs, UOAssist, UO Loop and many others, I started looking at the internet for other programs, hacks and stuff...

On September 2003 I meet EasyUO, I registered at the forums at started learning some programming... and that changed my life!

I decided I wanted to be a programmer. I went to the University and got my Game Developer degree, got a job as a C# Junior Programmer and thats how UO and EasyUO influenced my life.

After playing a lot of games I came back to UO a couple months ago and I cannot play it without using EasyUO to do something for me, I think its in my blood as a programmer to do even the simple things using programming.

As of today, I am 30 years old, I am the Lead C# Programmer at a very big foundation in my country and I want to be part of the developing community around Ultima Online.
I hope to be very active here, to learn a lot from you and to develop a lot of projects together!

Regards,
Mugs

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Little introduction about myself.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:03:44 AM »
Welcome to SUO! Writing scripts is a lot of fun! I am not a progammer and I am at the stage where I know enough about EUO to be dangerous, fortunately the guys here help me out and I am getting better at it daily.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 05:41:31 AM »
Thank you For your introduction! Restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »
Welcome!
My friend, I don't think you have to apologize for your English, it's actually better then most lol
My Klingon is a tad rusty, but I'll be happy to help In most any language ,so Feel free to hit me up if you need any assistance.

Enjoy!

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:47:46 PM »
Welcome to the board!!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 12:13:25 PM »
welcome to scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 07:08:30 AM »
Welcome to SUO,  Glad to see that a game open for opportunity for you. 

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Tags: