Author Topic: Hail and well met - a brief introduction  (Read 2441 times)

Offline BragulgurthTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bragulgurth has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hail and well met - a brief introduction
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
Greets everyone!  I suppose I am similar to most people in this community: a UO recidivist. I started playing late 90's early 2000's on Great Lakes (and haven't left) around age 12-13, and was immediately addicted to everything the game had to offer. I was a fine collector of death robes in a world where only Fel existed and my parents dial-up internet was terrible. Brit cross roads terrified me, but few things in life gave quite the adrenaline rush as seeing some reds run on screen with the Corp Por. I spent much time down in Deceit, always afraid of loosing the Silver of vanquishing weapons, as people lined up taking turns killing liches and lich lords or forming a wall in the skeleton knight room to train.

After several years I left the game until that fateful day  when the Return to Britannia popped up in my inbox. I was lured back in for a few more years enjoying the new things introduced, champ spawns being by far the most enjoyable. I was able to catch the tail end on the RP'ing world and joined URK - the bloodrock orc clan. I spent a lot of time trying to learn their gibberish language, and still managed to confuse myself and other with it. Hanging out in the GM made orc fort and raiding towns, causing chaos and laughter. They were good times, simple times. Life and college put an end to this chapter in my UO life, but the full circle is not yet complete.

And so here I am today, still amazed UO is still around but saddened it is dying. I still get hours of enjoyment and still suck at pvp, but that doesnt stop me from trying or having fun.

One of the few comparable games to UO in terms of enjoyment I've played has been Starseige Tribes. The non-stop pvp in a quick respawn world is fantastic. Defending, attacking, and capturing the flag in a fast paced team setting in a fully MODable world and ever changing maps.  I have also played WOW for several months but could never quite get into it the same as i did with UO. I've spent a couple years playing LOL really enjoyed the game but have since tapered off - the extreme repetitiveness getting old.

So that is my gaming career in a nutshell, I look forward to seeing what UO has to offer these days and where it is headed. Thanks for reading!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hail and well met - a brief introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 02:26:01 PM »
thank you for the introduction and welcome to Scriptuo
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:07 PM »
Welcome!!!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:54 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »
I love the stories of the old veterans back to the saddle.  recidivist-ho!

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:52 AM »
Welcome to SUO

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42