Author Topic: KRYZ's Monger Farmer  (Read 13778 times)

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: KRYZ's Monger Farmer
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 12:07:34 AM »
Yeah, I had no idea you could go diagonally when I wrote that.  Would be much better.  hrmm, good thoughts though. 
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 11:31:58 AM »
the world map is still using a less efficient path. IMO the server line on the opposite of moonglow is a 10 tile move from moonglow skara trinsic jhelom britain. You don't have to move around islands. And its open seas to vesper, Floating Emporium and 1 turn to papua. World Map wont work as the goal is to go off the map off the right end, but we can do this efficiently with coordinate movement based on where we are. go to 10 tiles from server line, stop go forward for 10s stop. tada.

It all in the way to set up the map.  I was very efficiency and cutting on steering time.  Let see what ur build can do.   3 years ago I had to have to 2 builds and 2 account to get quest done faster.   One to read the create and fill up order and other move the boat.   This is when I was novice in building.   

Offline KryzTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kryz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 08:24:42 PM »
Evening Ghost, i'm slow and still new to this, but I think I can make a solid quest-er here soon enough. As far as using an in-game map, yours is the most efficient I have seen. The efficiency point I am making is a 30 tile spot where you can abuse the server lines, in a more efficient way then having to go around Bucs. This method would not work with an in-game map, as they don't allow you to cross the edge server boundaries.

A:Britain
B: Jhelom, Skara, Trinsic
C: Moonglow
Optional: FE, Vesper, Papua

From where C actually is (off screen) it is a straight shot West to the vesper server line.
Two Straight movements to Pillar for Papua.
C is very close to the FE which will always be manually done.

As opposed to the 9 or so points and having to backtrack to reset the route, etc. This should be a much easier/less bug prone method of completing the quest from a script. Also as an added bonus, I can approach the pillar nearest to B for a shorter route to papua if I want to with 0 obstacles there.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:21 AM »
That is an interesting take on the map .. I might have to do some stats on quests /time vers the other more traditional bucs method.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »
Kryz,  let me return home and I will post the route I utilize.   They ar no need to go across the land.  We can get to all destination in less then 5 min. 

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kryz has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 09:57:58 PM »
Been a hot minute since I have looked at/updated this.

1.0d Released largely automated, buggy, quirky, still a work in progress.

Sorry its taken so long to update, I took a break from UO for a bit due to RL work and time restrictions.

Still in progress, a menu system, a more efficient route, have to work out some bugs with the RNG on the papua route, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 03:59:27 AM »
To go to Papua, is to use the Pile near Occlo/New haven.  Once you cross recall to the dock and transfer back.   Been years since I fully did the quest. 

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kryz has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 08:49:59 AM »
Yeah it is currently written to do that automatically, but I only ran it a couple of times where I landed papua, so I didnt test it well for that. The issue is it does not always place you in the same area. So when trying to return it sometimes hits land, sometimes hits the wrong side of the pillar and freaks out etc. Ill probably end up creating a larger safe zone for the pillar and a better route away from land on the t2a side.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kryz has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 04:29:23 PM »
Anyone willing to give this a look and clean it up a bit? Will be a few weeks before I can work with it again.

End goals:
Fully Automate this silly quest.
Create a working menu system that tracks how many fish you have left.
Create options to drop quest if out of fish/ignore the current crate go find another monger and get a new crate.
Create options on if you want to complete just certain areas ie skip papua.
Defend self if you randomly run into WEle or Serp, etc

Hitech

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 06:59:51 PM »
Special Thanks:
       -HiTech for his script, which I turned into 3 edited subs for this script.
       -Orngrimm for his beak string apart sub  
       -Trailmyx for his amazing runebook subs

New here, seen the monger post had to check it out. thanks for mentioning me, glad i could help.
i released a bugy verson for full auto monger quest completion in my original script post.
Its only setup to work for me so editing will be required for anyone else, maybe it will give you ideas.

I look forward to testing out your script when i get access to downloads

• Activity:
    0%
  • Kryz has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 09:31:54 PM »
!Hitech! Your a huge inspiration for this work, that I have been neglecting. Would love to see your version, I will have to search it out. I am a huge collector of barnacle hued items, particularly armor, so just the ability to automate dredging hook collection started this work. To get the current version to work you will have to finangle the global variables a bit, was kind of mid release pre-cleanup when I released the current version. Planned on making a menu system to set up runes/key/etc before the release but life is keeping me real busy atm. When I get the time I am coming back for this though. I want to finish my collections ;) Nice to see you join the Scriptuo community!

Tags: FishMonger  Quest