Author Topic: TrailMyx's Skill Commander  (Read 10055 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Skill Commander
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
Code: [Select]
;=================================================================
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Skill Commander
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 1.0
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI / FS OK
; Revision Date: 9/29/2007
; Purpose: Monitor skill development.  Allows you to manage your skill locks and exactly decide when to stop gaining/losing
; Globals:
; Special Thanks: Lilliana for the locking brainstorm
;=================================================================

So this script is somewhat like the Skill Monitor posted previously.  Like some of my other scripts, I can't stop tinkering.  This one lets you add as many skills you want to monitor.  There is 4 modes that can be selected when you put up a skill to watch.

M - Just monitor.  Doesn't effect your skill locks

L - Lock when target is reached.  You need to be careful what you put in your Max/Target field with this because this will become your target.  So if you must gain skill, the script will automatically put your lock up, however if the skill must go down, the lock will be turned down until the programmed value is reached.  At this point, the skill will lock.  This makes it easier to craft where you want your skills to finally stop their gain/loss

U - Force skill lock UP
D - Force skill lock DOWN

Sorry, there is no way to save your setup.  Also there is no way to delete-redo.  Just start the script again.  In 10 seconds you'll be set and you saved me many hours of coding.  :p

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
tm_skillcommander3.txt
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:46:53 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Skill Commander
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
Happy to help, Trailmyx. Ya'll should give this a try, especially if, like me, you have gotten new gear with skill pts on it, or are revamping a character. Keeps you from having to babysit your skill locks or potentially forget you've turned something down and lost more than you intended.

This works wonderfully.

One note...I noticed that spellweaving skill is not included in the available skills to set because the EUO documentation does not list the 4 letter code for that skill, and I was unable to locate any revision to the list from 2005. By any chance does anyone know this code?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »
One note...I noticed that spellweaving skill is not included in the available skills to set because the EUO documentation does not list the 4 letter code for that skill, and I was unable to locate any revision to the list from 2005. By any chance does anyone know this code?

I did add Spellweaving to this one.  I don't think Mysticism is in there however.  I'm assuming the shortform for it would be MYST.  :)

Also doesn't handle negative numbers well.  Easy to fix, but nothing earthshattering.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »
Oops. Guess I should have looked more closely at your screenshot with the original post, for it clearly shows spellweaving right there. :P

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:30:09 AM »
Nice ..good to see a public version of this .......
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »
Updated to version 3.  Fixed a place where negative numbers would act funky and try to take over the neighborhood.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 12:29:46 PM »
Cool monitor.  Just be careful when u play with the button (M/L/D/U)  I cycle through  it and stop at M but my skill was lock :)  lucky I notice.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »
Cool monitor.  Just be careful when u play with the button (M/L/D/U)  I cycle through  it and stop at M but my skill was lock :)  lucky I notice.

The warning is there. :)  Use at your own discretion! 
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx skill