Author Topic: Returning to my addiction  (Read 1907 times)

Offline codemonkey84Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • codemonkey84 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning to my addiction
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:19:46 PM »
This is my third run with going with Ultima Online. The first stint was from 2000-2003 when i was just entering the teenage years. The second was from 2005-2006. And I'm finally coming back to my roots.

The one thing I hate most about Ultima is the endless clicking for certain things such as crafts as I'm starting to develop carpel tunnel. Though I have always loved the fact that Ultima is skill based vs. level based like WOW.

I finished college with a web degree and a coding background but I haven't practice coding in years until starting Ultima again. Where I edited several scripts from easyuo to suit my own purposes. While I'm very good at problem solving scripts I am horrible at creating my own from scratch. Though in the past I have taken several scripts and added them together. This webpage seems more up to date than the easyuo website so i'm hopeful on having some good interactions with the writers.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Returning to my addiction
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:05 PM »
While I think easyUO is very 'up to date' the community here is certainly stronger and more warm and welcoming.  With that, Welcome to SUO! 

The thing I found about scripting was that it was easy to learn from modding other scripts to suit my needs, once you get used to it, writing your own will be much easier.  Also, learning how things are done in UO is helpful to writing your own scripts.  I also find that writing your subs in a way so you can copy/paste them to develop your scripts rapidly. 

What shard do you play on?  What kind of characters do you enjoy playing?
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 06:52:02 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy the site!

Welcome!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 07:25:27 AM »
welcome
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
Level-based.  BOOOO!  :)

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: