Author Topic: A New Beginning  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Tony The TigerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Tony The Tiger has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
A New Beginning
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »
Hey everyone!

I am recently returning to UO after a ~6 year break. I have been playing UO off and on since beta, when I got a CD key in a magazine. I have scripted for as long as I can remember- writing some (I am not proficient at script language, but I can fumble my way around), relying on the talented web of scripters out there for most other things.

I play just about everything there is in UO, between my accounts. I have crafters, thieves, stealth dismounters, disarm archers, mages, tamers (PvP and PvM), and I'm sure I've tried any hybrid build in between any of these.

I'm often asked by friends that wonder why (or how) I and many others have played UO for so long without becoming completely uninterested in the game, and as such people often ask what my "favorite" thing is to do in game. To be honest, the answer is nothing- and that's what makes UO great. I can be content to grind my heart out for hours, relax at a bank, go tame a dragon, go make clothes all on my own schedule, at my own pace, whenever I want. That's what keeps me coming back to UO, is much like real-life, your results are often determined by your process, and UO lets that process be whatever I'd like.

Thank you all for creating and curating such a wonderful community of scripts, and I plan to stick around this place for a long while.  :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: A New Beginning
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:20:31 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tony....can I ask you for a favor? Can I please get a........wait for it.......wait for it........ScriptUO, THEY'RE GREAT!!!???

That's probably something the young whipper snappers won't understand.  :P

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »
They're Grrrrreat

Offline Cush

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Cush has no influence.
  • Respect: +42