Author Topic: Archer Fisherman Template/skills Discussion  (Read 9226 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Archer Fisherman Template/skills Discussion
« on: October 05, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
Hey, I've been on my fisherman and thought sharing a few ideas about templates might be fun. If you are ONLY doing fishing at sea then you only really need a slayer bow even without GM skill and you'll be fine, this is for the total package fisherman who does dungeon fishing, quests and pulls up his own nets. Archery is probably not the way to go for the two bosses unless you're geared to the teeth, and even then you'd use a ship with cannons instead, but everything else is doable with an archer. This is my template right now...

120 Fishing
100 Archery (80 real + 20 from Hunter's Headdress)
100 Tactics  (70 real + 30 from jewels)
100 Musicianship
100 Provoke
100 Hiding
100 Resisting Spells
80 Chivalry (50 real + 30 from jewels)
-------------------------------------------------
800 skill, 720 real + 80 from items

I love this template because I can handle dungeons, nets and other stuff via provoke and hiding while still doing decent damage. You may have noticed that there is no anatomy which translates into a 55% lower damage bonus to the base provided from Archery, that is intentional because, in my opinion, having cap resist and hiding provides much more utility than anatomy, especially without healing in places like Doom, and it's not always about brute force as any bard can tell you!

80 Chivalry = 100% chance that consecrate weapon does damage of the type your target is weakest to, no elemental weapon needed.

I do have anatomy on soulstone to swap out the resist if I want to do more damage to provoked targets and am not likely to take heavy casting damage or curses(doom!). The template also allows you to swap out the jewels for a set with no chivalry if you want to add more of something else, like luck. I do have a lot of high end gear on to maximize SSI, MR and other important stuff but I feel like I can go anywhere with this character and be hard to kill.

Base Stats are 100 STR, 100 Dex, 30 int with the 5 bonus. That might seem like an awfully low amount of mana/dex but as long as your armor has max mana regeneration and 10 more mana(total=40) it's not a problem, especially with high resist, hiding and provo. Note: get Stamina to 120 minimum via gear and to 150+ if you can, you can speed up the damage(SSI) with divine fury if you're not being hit too much(it lowers defense). Overall the get out of danger free card provided by having both provo and hiding with resit more than make up for not having anatomy and I find myself rarely switching anat for resist unless I'm in a group.

What does your fisherman run with?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:19:04 PM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Archer Fisherman Template/skills Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:58:34 AM »
I have chosen a difference apporche to fishing. Since I'm not looking for those special fish but only for the type ( quest fish)   I have use this Temp. She my second mule too.    I wear a LRC/LMC/MR suit.   I do have a talies with 100% Deep Sea Serpent Killer and a Volem to help me.  With Guard me, the Volem kill 100% of all monster at sea and if dungeon, sometime I cast EV's to help him.  All this kept my packhorse alive. 

I don't do fishing NET except for the White one ( as a group). 

110 Fishing ( help with the crabe)
100 Magery ( to cast EV)  + 10 Jew
100 Tinker
120 Tailor
90 Eval
100 Med
100 Mining

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 03:16:51 AM »
I tried the advice given elsewhere in the forums and started a new fisherman on another account, without archery

Started with
- 50 Fishing
- 50 Magery
- 20 Meditation

Used the following
- TMs stat fixer, 20 minutes to perfect stats
- Superbob trainer V3, 1hr for magery to 65
- 20 minutes making a 100% LRC with 70's resist starter mage suit
- 20 minutes getting a boat and crystal ball and running out to where I want to fish

That's it, two hours and he's fishing nicely. The best part is that there is no extra weight on him due to bandages or arrows, magery seems the way to go with a fisher.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »
What is your purpuse of fishing.

White pearl, fish to comple the quest or SOS.   If you are looking for White pearl and Quest Fish, it is possible to find a quite place to fish those and use your pet to kill any monster that show up.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
White pearl fishing can be as simple as GM Magery and 80 Fishing, no other skills required. Mind Blast does just fine killing sea serpents, etc and doesn't require Eval. I usually make a suit with LRC, and Self Repair (then MR, HPR, LMC as applicable). If you want MiB's then it's just another 20 skill points. This wouldn't be a template I would use for fishing up MiB's or Nets but for simply gathering, easy.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
I plan to take him to 100 fishing for MIBs/Maps, I have a 120 already that will get the honors of playing live, in dungeons etc :)

100 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Necro
100 Spirit Speak

and probably inscription+poisoning for the damage bonuses, undecided. I may just add 1 of them and go 6x120 instead, undecided. With protection on you don't need wrestling and since it's a PvM character you really don't need med or resist. The mana leach from wraith + some decent gear and you don't run out.

update: I took the brand new character out with my main fisher to test him on serps and found 65 magery to be too low so I ran him on the skill trainer for another 2 hours. 85 magery, 86.1 eval, gm meditation(will soulstone to another character later, helps for training though), gm focus(will remove as well). Haven't worked necro or SS, don't need them for MIBs really. I equipped a snake slayer spellbook and have only a starter suit on with 70's resists and the serpents don't have a chance already.

Fishing gains are slower, 50-65 in about 3 hours but it's not AFK, I need to use the crystal ball and move into optimal range from shore. At 75 skill I'll just let him rip in deep water. That hardest part of this is really only the gold. I spent 30M on a green soulstone since he didn't have one and, if I go 6x120 skills it will use another 100M in scrolls, easy. I won't scroll up until I find out what the drop rate is on SoTs from fel treasure maps though, those things are selling like hotcakes right now if you scrollbind them to 5.0.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:14:57 PM by Gemviper »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
Something has changed since I last raised a fisherman, at 73.0 fishing skill I pulled up a message in a bottle while 8 tiles from shore. I was in the "optimal" area according the my crystal ball but not in deep water. No sea serpent, the unopened bottle just appeared in my pack.

*update* just now I got a plain Tmap as well

I could lock the skill up if I found a long enough stretch of land next to water and get the loot without fighting a darned thing? I remember you needed GM fishing to get a MIB...

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
YOu need to be 80 to fish white pearl.   MIB come from the Sea Serpent and can be pullout in depth water.  So I as soon as we are far enough for shore line, u might get sea Serpent

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 07:50:49 PM »
I was getting MIBs straight into my pack about 6-8 tiles from shore at 73 skill in fishing, no monsters, not in deep water, so I imagine it's possible from 70+ now.

I also figured out the best template for my "Archer/Fisher".

- 120 Fishing
- 120 Magery
- 120 Eval
- 100 Hiding
- 100 Stealth
- 100 Resist
- 60 Med

No need to stock arrows or carry bandages. When fishing you have a less than 1% chance to catch a rare fish/crab, 3% if you apply the right bait but you can get an extra 50% bonus if you wear the brit rewards 4 piece fisherman's suit so I've been working on that. It's prefectly fine for doing mibs but is a little weak in some dungeons, the stats suck but can be imbued a little.

The first order of business in building the suit is finding some wickedly overcharged rings and bracelets, greater artifact quality... not player made. I have a 7x bracelet with crazy stats on it and am looking for a ring now. Then I'll  prioritize until I run out of room on the rest.

You could, of course, replace hiding/stealth for something else like music and provo but I find that when I want to fish I get to the water spots fast this way and maximize my lure in the water time. I don't think anyone has posted a wicked suit build that uses the brit rewards fisherman's outfit yet, that bait bonus is nice though.

I'm addicted to stealth/hiding now. It's like an instant pause button, and afk button and gets me some great stuff at idocs where I wouldn't be able to hang around without it(fel idocs with guild fighting).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:53:11 PM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:18:42 AM »
I was getting MIBs straight into my pack about 6-8 tiles from shore at 73 skill in fishing, no monsters, not in deep water, so I imagine it's possible from 70+ now.

I had fish in shore water for month ( to get fish quest) and never get a MIB. Nice for you that you can pull MIB.

I try the fisherman suit at the begening, and haven't notice anyone bonus, except that the armour changing colour. 

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 02:50:39 PM »
Dunno about shore fishing, I've never fished from shore. I used the crystal ball that shows you the optimal distance to fish from shore and was just saying that I began having MIBs appear in my pack at 73 skill, without a serpent.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
You can fish up SOS at 60 I believe and at 70 or 75 they come in the serpents instead of being fished up.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2015, 11:25:21 PM »
Confirmed, I fished up two SoS while at 61.2 skill and 61.8 skill on a new shard. You used to need GM skill back in the day and the serpents were harder, I guess they didn't keep up with all the new gear changes/sets.

Anyway, a snake/reptile slaying spellbook with 100 magery and 100 eval kills most in one or two ebolts even if you are completely naked otherwise. You hardly need to work out a template for that.

Offline Insideout

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Insideout has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 05:40:53 AM »
I tote a golem along with me as my fishing is on my scribe. So it using the Mind blast and the Golem I never die unless I lag like a mad man.  I just wish you could bond the golem  on OSI. If you guys saw my suit you would laugh as it's set up for Mana Regen Only

Offline danielbatman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • danielbatman has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
Is there a script for leveling fishing that isnt an 8x8 fishing script. Ive searched all around with no luck.

Tags: