Author Topic: Greetings & Intro from Meat  (Read 1741 times)

Offline MeatTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Meat has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings & Intro from Meat
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:23:06 PM »
Hi there, name is Dominik, in UO as Meat Popsicle. It has been many years since I last played, and I am actually surprised the game has laster this long.

I was reminiscing with colleges at work about old games and the days before kids.. turns out I was not the only who mentioned UO. So I ended up hunting around old emails I had archived and finding my old "mule" account info. I had given away my main when I quit, so that was it. Took a while to get it going with the new account management stuff. And I had nothing on it other than a half finished crafter and some expired ship keys..

I am usually busy with my 3 girls, and working as a DBA (and fix everything in the office that is technical), now that winter is coming I have a bit more time. Not sure how long it will keep my interest again, but I tend to be determined and won't stop until I've accomplished something, even if its just getting those characters done.

So I've spent some time tweaking one of the skill gain scripts I found, and am just exploring to see what else is out there. Alot of the info on that other site is quit dated. Anyhow I almost find scripting more fun than the actual game - I guess I am getting old! Hah

Cheers
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:27:05 PM by Meat »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings & Intro from Meat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
Welcome to SUO,   not sure why but your name  ring a bell, from while back, may be 8 years

Offline MeatTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Meat has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 05:19:53 PM »
That is around the time I was formerly active, 2007-2008, before having kids..  I should have added I was active on LS (TC/*S*/ReV/UOF), then on GL (BC/CREW), not sure where I will end up this time.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 06:20:17 PM »
Hey welcome to the site and thanks for the introduction!  Unfortunately our information is kinda dusty too; as well as all the people who still visit here.  Very dusty.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:09:26 PM »
WELCOME!

I'll bet the young guys don't even know where the pirate cave is or how to get in!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 04:33:46 AM »
. Alot of the info on that other site is quit dated. Anyhow I almost find scripting more fun than the actual game - I guess I am getting old! Hah

Cheers

Welcome to scriptuo...  and your above quote pretty much sums up my participation these days.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 05:42:21 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: