Author Topic: Issue with locked down items, what's going on here?  (Read 1675 times)

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Issue with locked down items, what's going on here?
« on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:52 PM »
Sitting at an idoc, script looping through the watching for the house to drop phase. No commands are being given, the script would not loot a slither at this point if it's sitting beside the character... it's firmly in do nothing mode while watching the sign. It's not leaking through anything else, I'm 100% positive of that.

The house next door is public but I haven't stepped on it so none of the items appear on my screen. Another player runs into that house and clicks on and uses a crystal portal, which is of course locked down. The script launches to life and expertly runs to the front of the house and all the way to the portal and tries to grab it. Fails, obviously, and then sits there STILL in watching the sign mode.

This puzzles me because the script would not ever run at a locked down item, if fact I can't make it try to pick one up no matter what I do, so why would it run over there at all? The house never fell so why would the script DO anything at all yet?

I know what you're thinking, bugs in the script, but for one minute entertain that there might not be. Do locked down items occasionally not appear with the locked down text on them, even momentarily? Do house signs vanish and re-appear instantly faster than the blink of an eye sometimes? I had two accounts running, is it possible that the scripts were somehow interacting even if being run for different characters?(shared info between them?).

I've never had it happen before last night, and not since and as far as I can tell the script is fine. Has anyone else ever experiences similar glitches they couldn't explain with a script that otherwise had never done something before(not repeatable) ?? Just trying to wrap my head around it. I have a video of it via FRAPS recording, I notice that the second account also lurches forward but stops at the same time, as if the sign fell but that account didn't go into looting mode, it reset into watching mode.

Just.... weird. Any ideas?

edit: there was another regular there with his 5 accounts and 20 packhorse all, I'm assuming, also watching the sign, could that have caused an in game issue which could have triggered what I described?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 11:57:45 PM by Gemviper »

Tags: