Author Topic: Late AGAIN.... darn directions... leaving them on a bathroom wall like that...  (Read 1377 times)

Offline TruthowlTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Truthowl has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
It's not funny. Leaving directions of the new meeting place on a bathroom wall... *sniffles* and that bathroom just happens to be in Fel? They wouldn't let me out!!!

Sorry, sometimes I tend to try for a spot of humor....  ;D

I don't know if I should feel sad or not. I read about TrailMyx leaving.... That is sad. In a way he's the one that lead me here. I'm from over at euo. Over there I'm Kyote. Congrats to Tidus. Hopefully you'll have a long reign.

I'm a long time UO player. But, I've not played UO in a long time...  ;D I played back 15+ years ago. I'm pretty sure I was there when when Tram was created. Or maybe it was right after... Not sure. This happens when you get older. lol I've never been into pvp. I'm pretty sure I was there when it got added because I remember a lot, and I mean a lot of whining.  :-[ Sorry, I hope I'm not offending anyone by stating it as such. I know for some pvp is life itself. Just as pvm is life for me. Or it was.... I'm pretty sure it still is.

Anyway, I played for a couple years way back then and loved it. But for some reason, probably money, I quit and moved on. Then I, like many others, got an itch. The UO itch I guess. So I searched it out and found free shards. Then I played for another year or three... But I eventually left UO again. Then recently I came across a Youtuber claiming to be an Elite and experienced MMOer and he was trying UO for the first time... I thought, WTF?!?. How can you be an experienced MMOer and consider yourself Elite if you've never played UO before... I guess that shows my age to think like that. To me UO is the Grandfather of MMO's. Anyway after watching him struggle with it and laughing at him I got the Itch again. So I came back and registered for the free trial.

I hadn't played my free trial more than 3hrs(sraight) before realizing I was hooked all over again. So I went and paid for my membership. I even thought it'd screw me out of 13 days of freeness.... lmao But it turns out it didn't. They added my paid 1 month membership to my account so for that subscription fee I actually got 45 days. It kind of impressed me to think that the creators of the game I loved so much, took such things into consideration and didn't try to cheat new players out of a few days, just to suck their wallets dry. Seems to me most games now a days would intentionally cut out the free offer.

lol I get sidetracked a lot. My names Truthowl (actually it's Scott) and I'm mostly a PvM player. I like doing just about everything in game except house building/remodeling (and PvPing). I'm a little bit of a tech nut. I've spent over 20yrs repairing and building computers. I've also taken some college courses on computer programming (c, c++ and java). But I'm not a programmer. More of a hobbyist I guess. When I came back and found Free Sharding I also found EUO. Turns out I loved doing that. Maybe even a little more than UO itself. Taking scripts others wrote and getting into the nitty gritty of the code and making it work for me... I was in heaven.  :angel:

I still love tampering with scripting, but, I'm not quite into it as much as I was back then. Now I just try to make things work for me that don't seem to work as originally intended. I'm hoping this community isn't in it's dying stages. I mean, I just found you. Not really sure gow long I'll be actively playing UO this time but I'd really love to see this community last. Knowing there's a friendly place to go and read/talk about something I love is great.

Ouch!!

Sorry for the wall of text.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Welcome to SUO and thank you for the excellent intro! I am sure Gim will be along soon to unrestrict you.  :D

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile

And just like that it is done!

Thanks for your excellent introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Welcome to the site Truthowl!  Sorry to disappoint you on my departure.  I can't even count how many times I've left UO, but this is really the first time I've walked away from the whole kit'n'kaboodle.  Feels odd.  Anyhow, Tidus is a very knowledgeable admin (much better than I am) so you guys are in good hands.

Thanks for the text wall, some really good reading there.  Good to see people who have played and loved the game for so long come back and enjoy it once again.

Again, welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: