Author Topic: Return to UO  (Read 85 times)

Offline ScorpyroxTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Scorpyrox has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Return to UO
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Andrew and I just started playing again after about 9 years, I started back in 97 had breaks in between but always returned. Just something about this game, brings back memories, takes the edge off after a stressful day at work and itís always fun meeting new people from all over the world.

Iím taking my return slow, part time if you will (limited time to play with a newborn around) btw, best thing that ever happened to me for sure 👶😁.  Started a few weeks ago Lots has changed since I first played this game - lots have changed from 9 years ago! Itís a fun learning experience to say the least.

Looking forward to continuing to meet new people, relearn the game and having some fun. Thanks for the time!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +258
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Return to UO
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 06:13:36 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community! Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.

• Activity:
    0.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
Sure 😁

So UO wise I must of been 15 or 16 years old when I first started playing. Iíve always been on Atlantic. , I remember creating my character in minoc and running on foot into the woods trying to find my friends house - got killed on the way but it didnít matter - I was in, my friends who have been already playing weíre going to help me get started. I was hooked right away.

After I built my first character, a fencing thief, I spent most of my time aggravating PVPers in bucs den steeling reagents and the occasional vanq. Once I a while Iíd surprise them when I stood my ground, fought and won. Fun times 😉.

Not long after, I built my tank mage. Before all of the fc/fcr trained hard with my friends on learning the spells, when to cast them, when to use your weapon, etc. I was loving it, meeting new people along the way, making friends and have loads of fun.

Took a step back when I first got into college, always kept my account active, logged in once in a while to scope things. While doing that I bumped into an old friend and we reconnected. Joined LNR and that brought a whole other level to this game. Met so many new people from all over the world, I would say my time spent with my GMs at LNR was probably some of the best times I had in this game.
Then, like everyone, life catches up, work, girlfriend then wife, house and baby.  Iím the proud father of a beautiful baby girl, sheís 10 months now, time is flying. I am enjoying every minute.

Not sure why, happen to log into my account to find that you can play for free. Started messing around and boom - Iím back lol. Like I said, taking it slow, playing when I can, already meeting new people in yew and learning how to Pvp all over again. Thanks again for the time!

Offline Crisis

• Elite
  • Activity:
    5.8%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Crisis is on the verge of being accepted.Crisis is on the verge of being accepted.Crisis is on the verge of being accepted.Crisis is on the verge of being accepted.Crisis is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +186
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

• Activity:
    0.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:07:34 PM »
Thank you Crisis! 😁

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    4%
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +258
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:08:44 AM »

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Sorry this took so long (we are having a few web problems!)

• Activity:
    0.8%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 07:38:07 AM »
Thanks for having me! 😁

Tags: