Author Topic: TrailMyx's IDOC Monitor/Looter v1.0c  (Read 167104 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's IDOC Monitor/Looter v1.0c
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
It's right where the other attachments are.   Give the site rules a look.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Fishyface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Fishyface has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 06, 2014, 08:50:11 PM »
Got a quick question for ya. First of all your script is amazing thanks for making for the code illerate folk like us ;)

Now down to business, im currently doing an idoc at a castle and the item i want is in the back part of it.  Im not sure how to get this item because i cant monitor the sign so when it falls it will pick it up.

So my question is if i just set the item will it automatically pick it up?  Or is there a way to do with with tmclaw?

Thanks in advance for answering!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
So you're saying that the item you want is far enough away from the sign that you can't see it?  There's other things you can do like monitor things that will be turned into deeds.  Those disappear when the house falls, so that would also work.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Fishyface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Fishyface has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2014, 10:45:20 AM »
So you're saying that the item you want is far enough away from the sign that you can't see it?  There's other things you can do like monitor things that will be turned into deeds.  Those disappear when the house falls, so that would also work.

Thanks so much for telling me that! Really helped me out there. I'm going to target the non-rubble display case its in so when that gets deeded i should be pick it right up :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »
Yes, the looter doesn't monitor just house signs, but just about anything that can disappear during the transition to collapse.  You don't want to use just a box that might just drop to the ground, but something that actually does get deleted or made invisible.   During my testing days, I would engage the script just by picking up an item I was monitoring and putting it in my pack.  Because I'm just scanning ground items, this will make "finditem" think the item was gone.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dreadcat2013

• Activity:
    0%
  • dreadcat2013 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
Hello !
This is awesome scripts that work for me in a public house is very nice to use :)

But i would like to know if  is a private house if we have anything to do to run script without target a item and loot on ground when house fall ?

Thx alot for your script !!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2014, 08:29:13 PM »
You have to be able to target the items for the script to work.  In the old days, you could away target home contents, but now you must be able to load the house contents by being able to cross the front step.  I guess the only way this script could work is if you are friended to a private house and can at least see the house contents.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »
You have to be able to target the items for the script to work.  In the old days, you could away target home contents, but now you must be able to load the house contents by being able to cross the front step.  I guess the only way this script could work is if you are friended to a private house and can at least see the house contents.

...or target a bunch of items you already have (CC, Orny, Wooden Box, etc.) and just save them.  If those items drop, they would be picked up, right?  Where does it save the loot file to I can't seem to find it?

Thanks,
sib

EDIT: Also, I seem to be having a problem.  I have GM Hiding/Stealth and I keep getting warnings about it...  I'm also unable to click the "Stay Hidden" check box.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:37:43 PM by sibble »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2014, 02:00:59 PM »
The file is stored just off your c:\

Unsure about your Stay Hidden checkbox.  That should just work.  Are you sure you are all patched up with OSI and EasyUO?  Be sure your status bar is open somewhere.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Unsure about your Stay Hidden checkbox.  That should just work.
- bug report: I'm GM hiding/stealth and also get the "you must have 65 hiding to use this feature" error.

A bug report isn't the only reason I'm posting though, I also want to say "awesome script bro!". I had the opportunity to try it out once and nabbed a couple of choice items. I don't have access to the elite version yet but I am all about maximizing the usefulness of my tools so I had a thought/suggestion for this version, described below.

Drag and Hold
A lot of times the loot you want is inside a container and without pack horse support weight becomes a consideration fast. I can manage this a bit by selecting the chest priority based on weight/item number of the chests but eventually there is going to be a chest that puts me over the weight/item limit. As a stealther however I will pick up the chest anyway and walk away with it even while having a full pack(and even if i'm overweight). The thing is I can't try to put it in my pack or it will fall to the ground, I have to click and drag it but not drop it anywhere until I want to. This can be 3 screens away where its safe to sort a few things quickly.

How difficult would it be to have an option that, when a pack weight or item number would be exceeded, would still grab a chest(or other heavy item) but NOT attempt to put it in your backpack if that attempt would fail. Instead it would grab it and hold it, perhaps giving you a message as such and halting everything else until you've walked off with the item?

Sounds a bit extreme but it's all about dat loot!

edit: this idea gave me flashbacks of trying to protect my pile of 1000 ore as I skipped it along while mining way back in the day, good times.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:09:59 AM by Gemviper »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2014, 10:22:37 AM »
Not sure about the hiding thing.  That's worked forever, and the code is pretty basic.  You'll have to do a bit of debugging to see *why* it's failing or comment out the code (starting around line 246-264).

Your other suggestion is pretty much one of the features of the 2.0 looter, so it probably won't be making it into this version.  Frankly, the 2.0 version isn't perfect by any stretch, so I have my doubts that I'll ever release that script to the general public.  Sorry.  The Elites have shown great patience with the Elite versions and work through many of the deficiencies on their own.  Helps me be the absentee script author I've turned into.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:26:35 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2014, 01:12:55 PM »
Cool, I'll see if I can figure out what's giving the error and report back later on if it's something other than me using the script wrong   ;)

update: I had a chance to take a look at this, in the script on line 246 it says "chooseskill HIDE", and changing that to "chooseskill HIDING" seems to solve the error.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:13:44 PM by Gemviper »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2014, 07:46:29 PM »
Ah, that's right.  I think somewhere in this thread someone had the same observation.  I still think it worked at one point, but I may have already had the skill chosen.  Dunno.  Thanks for refreshing our memory!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
You're welcome.

So I've had the chance to run the looter script at a competitive IDOC now and I have some observations/ideas about how I'd like to improve it even further, IDOCs are competitive and so every tool/edge counts. Firstly, I got PWNED by another scripter. I don't know if he's using the elite version or something else entirely but he destroyed me in grabbing those items... but that's OK because from failures comes improvements right?

details: Atlantic IDOC near Vesper yesterday, house contents visible, several chests locked down next to the west wall making them 2 tiles from us standing outside... ie: within grabbing range. I set all 4 of these chests as priority and had the script already looting when the house fell. He had 3 pack animals and was standing on top of me and he easily snagged all 4 chests before my script could. I think I *almost* got one of them, it appeared on my cursor momentarily, but no go. Yes, my script is working fine, I did get some other things as I walked away from the others.

What I learned: Straight up vs his script I will not be getting much loot and he's a regular(with friends) so I need to speed my script up and/or come up with some tactics to improve my loot skillz. I noticed that he did not appear to pathfind at all the entire time, no stutter steps etc. On my end, from the time I hit begin looting, pathfinding was telling me I couldn't get there so perhaps my script was in the pathfind loop while his was already taking chests, but I don't know.

Ideas: I'm not sure the elite version will be for me since I do not plan on using pack animals, I prefer fel idocs where pack animals are often a hindrance instead of a tool. That means improving what I've got until it's competitive so some ideas...

- I can create a hybrid setup so that some items are specifically targeted by ID while others are targeted by Type. This would help at private idocs and in getting items I did not originally see.

- I can then create a quick destruction loop which finds chests which can be destroyed and quickly destroys them. I believe it's faster to destroy a chest than it is to grab and drag it to a pack(not sure on that?). Since I'm already scanning for specific item types I could then grab any that fall out of the chests which others may not have set as priority. Also, since I'm not using pack animals, I won't fill up with containers or items I don't want. This will also increase the amount of looting required to fully clear the idoc. Right now a player with packies can sometimes clear the entire idoc in seconds thanks to chests. I think someone once said "if you can't make things better, make them worse"... and I think this would create quite the mess. Players who grab items using the ctrl/shift method would also be out of luck since they would see a lot of items stacked on the same spot.

- I have other ideas I'd like to try, including one radar-like idea that might be a game changer in fel, but I'm not sure it's OK to post them here. It's not breaking any EA rules but it is taking advantage of a game mechanic that EA likely didn't intend on(I noticed it while fishing of all things). I'd rather share that idea with an interested admin before posting it, in case it shouldn't be posted. In fact I don't know if I should be posting any ideas like this here so I'll stop there, let me know.

I'm not so greedy as to hoard ideas but I do want the most from my tools so any suggestions, especially for Fel side idocs, are appreciated. IDOCs are a competitive sport! If only my scripting skills could keep up with the ideas I want to try.... soon!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:56:45 PM by Gemviper »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
The 2.0 looter has much better pathfinding and item prioritization, plus additional error checking.  Chances are good though that other people are taking advantage of a script they have *highly* modified, or are using a different scripting platform entirely that can be much faster than EUO ever can be.  

With the way this script works, if everyone has the same priority list, EVERYONE will attempt to loot the same items in the same order.  There's no way to individually prioritize items.

I like your approach to causing chaos though, taking advantage of game mechanics is always a good idea!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:44:44 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: TrailMyx IDOC Tools