Author Topic: UO Auto Map  (Read 6296 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +188
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
UO Auto Map
« on: September 24, 2009, 11:30:24 AM »
Like most of you, I have been having withdrawls from not being able to use Easy UO (other than to load in multiple clients).  As I was reflecting on this, I also remembered another UO Program which was actually legal, that I miss and had a case of withdrawls when it was no longer being updated:  UO Auto Map, otherwise known as 'UOAM'. 

This was a fantastic program!   You could keep track of where other characters were in the game, chat with them on another screen, mark your own personal points of interest, hit the Panic button so those characters could come and aid you.  It did all kinds of other things too!

http://uoam.net/  The home for UOAM is still there with a letter telling everyone that he is no longer going to update it and has abandoned the project.  WHY?  Also, why did he not pass it off to someone else?  Give out the source code?  And why did EA not include it in future releases and patches of the game???

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +3088
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: UO Auto Map
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »
That's certainly one of those million dollar questions.  I remember in the AOS installation, UOAM was even included as a "feature" in the teaser you see as UO installs.

Anyhow, UOAM was still working even after the project was abandoned.  I haven't tried it for a long time just because I didn't want to be "hooked" on a program that was abandoned.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +786
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
The SA patch finally broke its back.   IT errors/crashes now when it tries to regen the maps.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »
The SA patch finally broke its back.   IT errors/crashes now when it tries to regen the maps.

Ah that's a shame.  That was really a great tool.  I sure wish they'd add some more functionality to the Map tool in Razor.  Even the limited map is something I use all the time when I'm fishing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +182
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
Some guys are making a new map for UO. There was a post on stratics about it until the mods locked it. For those interested about the two projects, here's a link to a post on the HOT guild's (Atlantic) website.... http://www.hot-guild.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20331

I'm not in HOT and I rarely play Atlantic, but I plan on keeping up to date on these. I'm beta testing UOMap but I haven't had much luck with it so far.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +390
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Thanx for the update info OID.  I am glad someone has the inside info i was wondering when we would hear about uoam again :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 06:51:28 PM »
Well we won't lock that kind of thing here.  We're trying to embrace tools that enhance the gameplay of UO.  If a tool doesn't give you any additional capability than you get from playing the game normally, it will be accepted here.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +188
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 06:53:17 PM »
Where and how do you use the 'Map' tool in Razor?  I can't find it.  Am I blind?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 06:57:22 PM »
Where and how do you use the 'Map' tool in Razor?  I can't find it.  Am I blind?

It's that single button on the front page of the Razor (lower left).  I think it's labeled "UO Positioning System" or something like that.  I don't have Razor on this laptop to check though.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 12:25:58 AM »
http://www.uomap.tk/

I was just about to post that. Don't know why I forgot earlier. This is the download for UOMap. I've heard the other is better but it's in a closed beta. Personally I don't care which one I use as long as it works!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »
UOAM is still functional however everytime you open it UOAM will try to update the maps.  this will fail and cause the program to crap out.  You can get around this by simply clicking Cancel to the update and continue to do so for all the maps.

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
UOAM is still functional however everytime you open it UOAM will try to update the maps.  this will fail and cause the program to crap out.  You can get around this by simply clicking Cancel to the update and continue to do so for all the maps.

True, however I was a dumbass and clicked ok to update.... So if someone has a link to a working version I'd appreciate if you'd post it  :D

Offline Thimotty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Thimotty has no influence.
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »
Here ya go:
http://aceputersstore.com/images/uoam.rar
However i can keep it there for only limited time so if someone can upload it to a more permanent location will be good.

Offline GreatLakesGroupie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GreatLakesGroupie has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 01:21:49 PM »

This is true, I was able to see all my old map files with houses!  only crappy part is that I am not able to record any housing with UOAssist

Tags: