Author Topic: SIGNIFICANT crash issues since patching today  (Read 5166 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +257
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
SIGNIFICANT crash issues since patching today
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »
Greetings all. 

It might be because I'm saturating my network with other things right now....but...

Since I DLed the latest patch and the current version of EUO, my Ant Quest script is crashing.  A lot.  Like 6 times in the last 20 minutes.

Anyone else seeing problems with pathfinding scripts and the new patch(es)?

:)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +247
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: SIGNIFICANT crash issues since patching today
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 07:20:12 AM »
I have been also.  Script i had before hand that try to pathfind. While pathfind is the only time they crash.  Some are my own works and I have put more pauses in before pathfinding again and this has helped it alot but pathfinding since th elatest patch seem to be the problem.  The program places another uo window and shows the error.  If you select ok then everything closes out.  This is happening on Windows XP Pro and Vista 32 bit.  I have not tried under other versions of the OS.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +95
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
I NEVER patch unless I have to.  Razor FTW!
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +2476
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:16:01 AM »
If you get into the habit of using the client launching of EUO, then you won't patch unless you absolutely have to.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »
I never said i patched.  Understand I never patch until atleast a week later unless I cant play without the patch.  I said that since the patch I have been crashing.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »
Yeah - I should have been more specific:  I was crashing BEFORE I patched, which prompted me to check for a new version.  AFTER I confirmed that EUO was working for the new version, I decided to patch to see if that solved the problem.  Didn't.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +668
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 07:36:04 AM »
anyone noticed that nice new popup diagnostics window that pops up now when you do crash UO.. instructing you to cut and paste it and send to uo along with detail of what doing that caused the crash.

I should screen snap it...

ps just cuase im paraniod doesnt mean thier not watching me.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 09:41:48 AM »
Same paranoia here EN, and yes I'm crashing a lot (while path finding) and getting that same message now also.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 09:51:43 AM »
I crashed today it just went away no error or anyhtign just closed on its on in mid pathfind.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 10:10:27 AM »
I'm convinced that following the cut/paste instructions will highlight that I crashed while using EUO.  Convinced.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »
to Prevent patching with UOA I copy my client, and rename it to the current patch. lets say 6.0.2.2.  then inside UOA settings I have it launch 6.0.2.2, it will patch, but it will load the old client, I have saved.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +668
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
I'm convinced that following the cut/paste instructions will highlight that I crashed while using EUO.  Convinced.

Well was tempted to cut and paste and for what doing.. put attempting to add Spirit speak to my fully automated corse draining and looting system for Halloween 2009 event. The Script greatly reduces time and wrist injury needed to complete the quest.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »
I crashed today it just went away no error or anyhtign just closed on its on in mid pathfind.

Same!  It seems to be happening even more today. 

90% of the time I am in Ter Mur and I am Mining, so I think it also has something to do with the Tile Set?

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 07:17:57 PM »
I made comcast unthrottle my internet connection and I'm not seeing the problem now.

Comcast is evil.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »
I made comcast unthrottle my internet connection and I'm not seeing the problem now.

Comcast is evil.

So umm...how would one go about getting Comcast to unthrottle their internet connection?

Tags: